chapter one secrets

"I'll meet you in the car buddy, just gotta drain the lizzard" steve said as he passed his best friend sodapop on the front porch. He waited til he heard the car door slam shut and headed for his best friends room where the younger curtis was still sound asleep. It was saturday after all. Steve leant down and pressed his lips on ponyboy curtis's making him groan a little as he started to wake. "Steve, that better be you" pony slowly opened his eyes. "Morning sleeping beauty" steve said as pony pulled him into a much more heated kiss. Before they could do any more they heard the car horn. "We'll continue this later" steve kissed pony once more and headed out the door.

Steve and pony had gotten together almost two months ago. Soda was getting sick of being a referee between the two, and refused to go anywhere with either of them til they found out some things about each other and learnt to get along. Well one thing led to another and the next thing pony and steve were making out in steve's car. Now they almost can't keep their hands off each other.

They found a way they coul be alone with each other without being questioned by the gang. It turns out steve actually likes watching movies. He and soda just never went cause soda getting bored too easily. So on a friday night if theres a decent movie showing, steve is more than happy to go with pony.

"You know i never thought i'd see the day my best friend and little brother could actually enjoy doing tnings together. Its almost as if you two were dating" soda commented as they pulled into the dx where they worked. "Ha ha" steve said giving his best friend a little punch in the arm. "Besides, what makes you think me and pony are gay anyway soda?" "Well for starters i already know my little brothers sexual preference. He came out to me and darry after dal and johnny died" soda explained. "And i know that your bisexual stevie boy, can't have been best friends for this long and not know some things".

Later that night

Steve and pony were in the back seat of steves car at the nightly double. They douldn't keep their hands off each other. Just as they had gotten each others shirts off there was a knock on the window. "We know your in there steve" soda called. He had been at bucks with two-bit and was a little tipsy. However it didn't stop him from seeing who steve had been making out with. "Pony, is that you?, how long have you and steve been dating?" Soda was starting to sound a little angry. "2 months" pony answered his brother.

"2 months and you couldn't even tell me" soda sounded hurt. "Sorry soda, we didn't want to hurt you" pony tried to reason. "Look i don't care that my best friend and little brother are together, i just wish you could have told me" "you know all the time i've known you guys we have never had secrets. But this, wow i guess you never really do know the people closest to you huh" soda started to wak off. Pony went to go after him.

"Soda, please don't hate me or steve, i'm sorry but i love steve, and i love you too,so please soda just don't hate me" pony pleaded. "I don't hate you ponyboy, or steve. I'm just dissapointed that you couldn't tell me. I just need some time to think" soda walked off.

Pony sobbed into steves chest. "It'll be alright" steve soothed. "You saw him steve, i've never seen soda so hurt, not even when mom and dad died".  Pony and steve new they had to fix things and make them right with sodapop. But they just didn't know how. Pony decided it was time to tell darry about him and steve and maybe get some help with soda.