chapter nine steve

Steve laid on his bed, he couldn't believe after all these years his mom decides to come back in his life. He was so confused.  He had always wished his mom would come back, but now that she was here he wasn't too sure anymore.

He decided to head over to the curtis's. Pony gave him a hug on arrival. "Hey pone, would it be alright if me and soda hung out tonigh?" Steve asked. "Yeah sure" pony answered. "Thanks babe" steve kissed pony's head. "What do you say soda, you feel like getting up to some mischief tonight?" That was code for doing best friend stuff. "Yeah buddy, i'm in".

Since steve had started going out with pony, he barely spent any time with his best friend. The two boys use to have so mu h fun together. And with everything going on with steve's mom, a night out with his best friend was just what he needed. Sure he could find comfort in pony, but tonight he felt like being reckless. Soda was just the person to help him.

There had been rumours all day that there was to be a drag race tonight by the old junk yard. Tim sheppard and his gang were there. "Curtis and randle, you guys racin tonight?" Tim asked. "You bet" steve answered without hesitation. Steve lit up a smoke before jumping into the drivers seat of tims car. Tim had the bet set of wheels for racing.

Soda got in the passenger seat. "Ok to the mil and back, first one back wins" tim explained. Steve reved up the engine. As soon as angela shepperd dropped her scarf steve hit the gas. He was a mile ahead of the soc he was racing.  Steve was the first to cross the finish line. All the greasers cheered.

It was midnight when the two best friends made it back to the curtis's. Darry was in his chair reading the paper, and pony was asleep on the couch. He woke when he heard soda's voice. "Thanks buddy, i really needed that" steve patted soda on the back. "Well i think i'll head home" steve wasvabout to head out the door when pony stopped him.

"You gonna go without saying goodbye, especially after our little visit earlier at the dx" pony almost snapped. "I'm sorry babe, i thought you were tired, hey do you want to come back to my place?" Steve asked. It was a school night so he doubted darry would agree to it. "Please dar can i go to steve's" pony pleaded. "I guess, but only if steve gets you to school on time, or you won't stay out for a month" "thanks darry" pony hugged his brother and got into steves car.

Steve made love to pony that night and slept with him in his arms all night.