chapter ten steve's mum again

Steve and sodapop were about to close up shop for the night when steve's mum came in. "Steve, do you think we could maybe talk" his mum asked. "Look i'm kinda busy" steve spat. "Just have dinner with me tonight and if you still don't want me around, i'll pack my bags" she said.

Pony was waiting for soda and steve to come home. Even though steve had his own place, he still considered the curtis's home his. "Hey baby" steve scooped pony into his arms as he entered the house. "Hello" pony said back pressing his lips to steve's. "Uh babe, i can't take you out tonight" steve told pony. "Oh" pony looked a little dissapointed.

"Trust me babe, if i could get out of it i would. You know i'd rather be with you. But my mum asked me to have dinner with her" steve explained. "I understand babe, if i could have dinner with my mum again, you know i would" steve kissed pony. "Thanks for understanding babe" steve said.

Steve met his mum at some new restaurant on the south side of town. It was a little fancy for his liking but he figgured food joints in greaser territory would be too rowdy for his mum. "So, hows work" steve's mum asked trying to break the ice.

"Works great. I get to do the tning i love most working on cars. And i get to see my best friend every day" steve explained. "You and sodapop were always making new car tracks in the back yard with your toy cars" she smiled at the memory.

"Steve the reason i wanted you to see me,  is because i want you to come to l.a with me. I want the chance to get to know my son" she explained. "What and leave everything behind" steve snapped. "Look steve, it doesn't have to be a permanent thing, just a few months, maybe a year"

"I can't just up and leave mum. I got too much going on right now" steve tried to explain. "Please don't decide right now steven. I'll be staying til the end of the week".

After dinner steve went back to his apartment by himself. He felt like being alone for the first time in months.