Chapter (13)

(Zariah)

~*~*~*~*
Looking myself over in the mirror I didn't naturally like the color black because of the meaning behind it and the way it fit the situation so perfectly was honestly terrifying.

The rain was coming down heavy at the moment which most would say is a sign. The block was heavily backed up and mostly all you could see was people hanging out and cars double parked. This was really how life goes when you die, everyone shows out for this day. Through this crowd it would be so hard to tell who really had your back and who was just there to tell a story and be relevant.

"Nicy. You ready?" Turning my head towards my door my dad was standing there looking really crazy with two ties in his hands, a couple buttons at the top of his shirt undone.

"Yeah, are you?" He could sense all the sarcasm in my voice.

"I see you got jokes. Which one." Holding up the tie I studied both over, my dads whole outfit was fine except the pants and to make it worse he was going to choose a blue tie for a black and white outfit.

"Clearly you got dressed in the dark. Forget the ties, go change your pants to the plain black ones I got you for your birthday, and button up a couple of them buttons we going to a funeral in a church not a red carpet party." Standing in front him with my hand on my hip he looked me up and down before mimicking me.

"You are so much like your mother." Rolling his eyes he gave me a kiss on the forehead then left from by my door, I knew if my mother was here she would say the same thing, but just because she left to go help Mrs. Grettah doesn't mean he gets to walk around looking like he let ‪Stevie Wonder‬ choose his outfit.

"Nicy. Daddy said he's ready so let's go." Nodding my head my sister took a seat on my bed as I pulled my shoes on.

"Nicy? Do you think I will cry today, because I was talking to Samiah in school and she said she cried a little at her dads funeral." Grabbing my phone off the charger I took a seat right next to her, my dad had to pack a bag for her other wise she would be very restless sitting down for about an hour.

"Well Nani that's different. You didn't really know AJ like everyone else did."

"Why?"

"Because he was older and hung out with people like himself." Nodding her head she started playing with her skirt.

"What if no one cries for him Nicy? Will you cry for him?"

"There will be plenty of people that will be crying for him, you don't have to worry your pretty little head about that ok?" Shaking her head she jumped off the bed and ran out. I didn't really understand why I skipped her question about me. I knew I was going to cry for the sake of my emotional personality and my sympathy for Theo, but she was asking from the heart crying and I knew personally I wouldn't be doing any of that.

"Nicy! Let's go!" Getting up I walked out meeting them by the door, my dad looked much better in the pants I suggested instead of those tribal foolishness he tried to rock. (Not mocking anyone's culture, or cultural apparel)

"Looking sharp, you too." Giving them the thumbs up I lifted up Nani and we took the elevator down.

~*~*~*~*

Sitting in the middle row I had clear view of where Theo and Mrs. Grettah sat, I had direct views of the open casket and the pastor standing above it saying a few words.

"We are gathered here today as we celebrate the return of one of Gods fallen angels returning home. And morn the loss of one of our own. Please bow your heads as I say a few words." Silent sobs were heard throughout the church and i heard a few people talking but that was far in the back.

"Lord we ask that you take care of Andrew Jhonathan jr, as he climbs the beautiful stairs up to your beloved kingdom. Lord we ask you to continue to provide and protect as you do with all of your children, continue to love and bless us with your gifts as we heal from this heart shattering change. In jesus name we pray, Amen." Looking up a couple of tears started to shed down my face and i felt that sad atmosphere that I wasn't feeling before.

"It's ok Nicy, don't cry." Smiling down at my little sister she reached up wiping my tears with the sleeve of her black cardigan. My sister was such a sweet heart and sometimes she didn't remind me of neither my mother or father.

"Thank you Nani" kissing her forehead i turned my attention back to the front where I see Mrs. Grettah getting up going to the stand.

"Hello everyone, as most of you know me here is for the people that don't. My name is Grettah Jackson, married name Grettah Junior Jackson. I know eww. Anyway I would like to open the stand for anyone that would like to share a few words, a memory or even say a prayer. I have an open heart policy so please anyone." Sitting in silence everyone just seemed to stare at this women as if she was speaking a different language. Raising my hand i was beat to the stand by some girl that had a little belly bump, she looked no where over 19 and her face was drained of its natural color.

"Hi everyone, my name is Zahriah and I wanted to share a story with everyone." Hearing whispering from all over no one knew who she was, she looked so familiar but I don't think i ever met her.

"I met AJ when i was 15 in Ms. Marks art class, he was a clown and a ladies man, imagine that a 15 year old boy pull so many girls. One hot mess." Hearing a few snickers the girl started crying amd I was growing more confused

"Now a year ago today, i met up with him while he was playing basketball. We hit it off amd only being 19 it came as such a sock to me when I became pregnant by that same old 15 year old funny guy who pulled all them girls years back. Im sorry Mrs. Grettah for telling everyone like this but I don't wanna keep this a secret anymore." Siting with my mouth open she walked down and dropped a rose into the casket. All eyes were on her and nothing that she just said seemed like a lie.

"Mrs. Grettah, I don't want you to believe I'm after your money. I truly did love AJ and didn't want to deprive this baby of he/she's other half of the family. I'm sorry." Getting up Mrs. Grettah and Theo both walked to the stand having a stare down with the Zariah.

"That bitch a HOE LIE!" Yelling from the back we all turned to see who said It but I couldn't spot them out.

"Call my sister a Hoe again!" Looking to my right Zander popped up in my eye sight and the anger boiled in his face. Everything was happening to so fast and I had to admit It was kind of entertaining.

"This is such a mess." My father leaned over and whispered into my ear. Everyone started up talking but got quite when we saw Mrs. Grettah hug and kiss Zariah's cheek.

"Guys we are going to do the Burial now so would everyone take this outside please." Speaking into the mic I caught his eyes and we had a little stare down before he joined his mother and other people on the walk.

"Ah sweethearts I have work to do, I'll be back later." Kissing me and my mother on the forehead my dad pulled out his phone making a call whipping away my mothers tears.

"Ryan...be safe." Kissing on the lips the look my mother gave my father scared me. I.t was like she knew something was going to go down or if she knew was scared for his life.

"Ma, what does dad do?" Looking down at me through her sunglasses she placed her arm around my shoulder.

"I'll tell you later." Kissing me we both bowed our heads as the pastor said some more words as the casket went down.

"In the Lords name we pray...Amen."

——————
Don't really know how Funerals go, so I hope I did ok.

(I know my chapters have been short, but longer ones are coming)

Vote, Comment❣️

Rixy B.🍭