Chapter Seven

Y'all it's been over a year myb here's a chapter

Percy sat on the bench tying his cleats as he watched his fellow teammates warm up. His mind was flooding with the thoughts of Scott getting hunted down by hunters. Hell he wasn't worried about himself, sure it was nerving knowing that one of his classmates parents probably saw his face, however it was dark and hopefully he didn't recognize him.

"JACKSON!" Coach's voice called out causing Percy to look up towards the coach who was walking towards him.
"Yeah?"
"Take the long stick, we're doing one on ones today!" Coach exclaimed at him tossing him a lacrosse stick. Percy caught the object and glanced at a few offensive players around him.
"And don't take it easy on them either," Coach informed him seriously before blowing his whistle and calling the offensive players towards him. Percy found a small grin coming to his face as he eyed Jackson Whittemore, before grabbing his helmet and quickly putting it on.

As he started to walk towards the goal, Danny, the goal keeper trotted up next to him.
"I know you're new at this, so I'll give you some advice," He informed Percy, "Jackson feints left-goes right every time."
"Isn't he your bestfriend?" Percy asked confused wondering if Danny was pulling his strings.
"Yeah, but he complains about how practices are to easy, so I thought I'd make it a challenge for him." Percy shrugged and gave Danny a thankful nod before taking his position.

He stared at the first player in line, he thought the guys name was Matt but they had never talked much. All Percy knew was that he wasn't first line but also didn't sit bench. Coach's whistle tore through the air and coach rolled him a ball. Matt scooped it up and sprinted at Percy, who was bouncing up and down on his toes and gripping onto his lacrosse stick tightly. As Matt approached he took a step to the right before half spinning to the left before rotating back right. Percy bit on the half spin, but he quickly recovered hitting his stick upwards on Matt's so hard that his stick flew out of his hands and landed behind him.

"Matt! Once you beat the defender SHOOT THE BALL!" Coach roared out, "Jackson, pick it up!" Percy gritted his teeth and awaited his next challenger, who happened to be Greenberg. Oh thank the gods, Percy thought to himself, an easy one. The whistle blew and Greenberg scooped up the ball and charged towards Percy, he stutter stepped around four times as if he couldn't decided where to go. So Percy charged forwards slamming into him and knocking Greenberg a few feet back straight on his back.

"GREENBERG! Wha- jus- TAKE A LAP!"

Percy faired well against his next few opponents, and took Danny's advice against Jackson and sent the spoiled rich brat spinning to the ground hard, to the point he had to pick grass out of his helmet. Percy offered his hand to help the guy up, but he simply swatted his hand away. However when Stiles came his way, Percy simply just knocked the ball out of his stick not wanting to hurt his skinny friend.

"JACKSON! Good work," Coach called out to him after a few more sets, "Whittemore, switch him out. Get some water!" Percy smiled to himself as he went and sat down on the bench. As he filled a plastic cup up with water, Percy watched Jackson smash a jogging Scott into the ground.

"You shouldn't be letting him play," a gruff voice sounded out from behind Percy. He glanced backwards and noticed Derek Hale standing a few feet behind him.
"You shouldn't be creeping on a high school campus," Percy retorted.
"He's going to lose control and hurt someone," Derek stayed firmly, "He can't control his shift yet, and if he shifts and hurts someone then he's dead."
"What do you mean dead?" Percy asked.
"It means that if Scott hurts someone, the hunters will kill him, and then me. It also means the world will know about us and let's just say we would be hunted like dogs."

"I'll keep him in check," Percy promised, "Its just a sport."
"I don't think you get what I'm saying," Derek stated his voice growing darker, "He can't play till he learns control. And if he even try's to play, I'll kill him my self."
Percy stood up then and faced Derek, he was a few inches taller then the werewolf, and halted down at him.
"You'd have to go through me," Percy growled, "And I've killed monsters twice as powerful as you."
Whistles tore through the air and gasp and hushed voices followed, Percy spun back towards the field to see Jackson on the ground writhing in pain while Scott was on his knees holding his head with Stiles kneeling next to him. A few moments later they were both running off towards the locker room.

"Go help your friend before he kills someone," Derek growled. Percy didn't hesitate as he began to sprint towards his friends, as he reached the locker room he heard yelling, and as he ran in he saw Stiles running and through Scott's helmet he saw golden eyes. Percy didn't waste a second as he rushed forwards and tackled Scott to the ground. Percy rolled off the werewolf and scrambled to his feet to see his attention was solely on Percy now.

"Scott," Percy exclaimed holding his hand out, "Common Scott calm down. Don't make me hurt you, "Percy exclaimed resulting in a dark growl from Scott, "Poor choice of words I guess"

Scott rushes forwards wildly swinging, Percy dodged Scott's strikes before he quickly blocked one, grabbed Scott's face mask and tore it off his face, before swinging the helmet and smashing it against Scott's head. Scott flipped spun around before falling to the ground.

"Scott?" Percy asked, "You back buddy?" The only response he got was a yellow eyed glare before Scott lunged at Percy grabbing him and throwing the demigod into a wall, hitting a fire extinguisher set in place. Percy grimaced in pain as his back began to throb, but stood up anyways. Scott attacked again, Percy sidestepped a clawed hand before grabbing it, twisting it behind Scott's back, and kicking Scott's right calf with his cleats forcing the werewolf to the ground. Percy grimaced with effort as Scott tried to break free. Percy glanced around for anything that could give him an advantage and spotted a sink across the room. Before he could even think of controlling the water, Scott's free hand grabbed Percy's arm and flipped over him, resulting in Percy slamming head first into the tile floor with an angry werewolf on top of him.

As one of Scott's clawed hands rose up to strike Percy, the demigod reached out towards the sink and felt a familiar tug pull at his stomach before water flung towards Scott, throwing the werewolf off Percy and into the wall. Scrambling to his feet Percy saw the bright red fire extinguisher and quickly picked it up. As the werewolf rose from the ground Percy willed the water back off the ground and sent another powerful gust towards Scotts head, then sprayed the extinguisher all over him, until his bright gold eyes faded into brown.

"What happened?" Scott asked in a dazed voice.
"You tried to kill us that's what happened, "Stiles exclaimed in a nervous voice appearing from the hallway, "If it wasn't for Percy I'd be dead right now."

"I'm, I'm sorry," Scott said looking down, "It's like a switch flipped inside of me... i couldn't control it."

"What happened?" Stiles asked, "Was it coach yelling at you?"
"I guess, when ever I get angry I start to turn just like at your house where I almost punched you. I couldn't control it. Or when my heartbeat increases it just flips,"Scott stayed shrugging.
"Well, try to stay away from anything mental or physical that makes you pissed off," Stiles suggested
"Have you noticed we played lacrosse?" Scott exclaimed, "It's both of those!"
"That settles it then," Percy sighed, "Scott unless you can control your anger... or your heartbeats or whatever it is that makes you turn.... you can't play lacrosse. Or someone will wind up dead."

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, more to come. Sorry for the super long wait, I've just been busy busy w life but felt like writing this story tonight so that's what I did.