Chapter Twenty- Four

"Aren't you a vet?" Percy asked tiredly as Deaton stitched up his leg. It had been a long night for the demigod who hadn't slept, and had waited anxiously to see if his friend would make it through the night.

"I am," Deaton replied, "Aren't you just a high school student?"

"Hardly," Percy mumbled as he stood up and walked around slightly, his eyes wandered to the news article that Derek had brought in when he thought Deaton was the alpha. The demigod walked over and read the paper, finding it odd that the date was three weeks before Laura Hale was killed by Peter.

"You know what you have to do Percy," Deaton stated, "Are you prepared to do it?"

"Which part?" Percy asked his eyes leaving the paper and to the wall In front of him, "The only options I have are let a war start or let the alpha kill everyone."

"Kate Argent killed a whole family," Deaton explained, "If her death starts a war, you know you can beat the hunters. You're a demigod."

"Even if I'm a demigod what does that matter? There are to many innocents and other demigods in this town that will be caught in the crossfire," Percy sighed, "I can't allow that."

"You can't save her from what she will become Percy," Deaton sighed as he leaned against a table, "Allison Argent will fall victim to her family's beliefs whether she knows the truth or not."

"I don't believe that," Percy stated as he glanced towards the vet shaking his head, "She's the only daughter of Artemis ever. Her purpose has to be meaningful, to be different."

"Wouldn't it be a tragedy if it wasn't?" Deaton asked. Percy didn't respond instead he looked back at his friend before shaking his head frustrated.

"Is he going to be ok?"

"Yes."

"Then I'm going to get some sleep doc," Percy growled frustrated as he left the vets office wondering who the hell Scotts boss was and how the hell he knew anything about the Prophecys.   However as he exited the back room towards the front door he stopped to see Peter walking in.

"Oh hi do you work here as well?" Peter asked his voice nice and kind. Percy glanced behind him to see Deaton had followed him out into the waiting room.

"I'm sorry but we are closed," The bet said his voice firm.
"I came to pick up," Peter stated as he took a step forwards.
"You take another step I will kill you," Percy growled as he as well took a step forwards glaring at the Alpha as he took Riptide out of his pocket.

"Your employee here should learn his manners," Peter informed Deaton, "I just came to pick up a stray that wandered in on his own."

"I'm sorry even if that's the case we are closed," Deaton replied, "Maybe you should come back during our regular hours."

"Oh I'm sure you can make an exception this just once, I really need him."

"Like the boss said Peter, we. Are. Closed. So fuck off for hades sake!" Percy snarled.

"You have something of mine," Peter growled as he took a step forwards, "And I've come to collect." Peter then reached for the gate, however suddenly a bright blue line reached out and the alpha took his hand away.