Chapter Ten

Thought I'd give y'all a double update since the story had been on hold for so long. Also
A nice little surprise is waiting for you at the end of the chapter stick around until then!

Percy sighed as he sat next to Scott in the locker room, and began to tie his cleats.
"Thanks," Scott said, "Thanks for being smart enough to be at the right place at the right time."
"Sorry for kicking you into a car," Percy joked back.
"Hey it worked," Scott sighed out, "If you weren't there... I don't know what would have happened."

"Don't focus on that," Percy said sending Scott a smile, "You didn't do anything. And I think we learned something."
"What?"
"Pain, right now pain is all we got that can keep you underneath control," Percy explained, "But I don't know if that's going to help if the other team knocks you to the ground."
"If I feel myself slipping out of control I'll tell coach I need a break," Scott said, "If he listens."

"Oh thank God you both are alive," Stiles voices sounded out behind them, "I hope you know what you're doing Scott."
"I want to play the game, I want to be first line, I want to go out with Allison, I want a semi freaking normal life!" Scott said in a low voice, "Can't you get that?"
Sighing Stiles nodded and sat next to Percy, "I know, I just don't anyone to get hurt especially you." Scott sighed as he slipped his last cleat on and began to tie it nodding his head.

"I just... don't want this to control me," Scott explained, "I want to prove to myself that I'm in control not the beast inside."
"And you will,"Percy informed Scott patting his back, "But it's been what? A week and a half? And the full moon is at the end of next month. So we have plenty of time to figure things out. We don't need to rush anything."

"Well, we do for tonight," Stiles stated, "Just try not to think to much. Try not to worry Allison being in the stands, or that her father the werewolf hunter is here as well, oh and try not to think about shifting because Allison's father is here." Both Percy and Scott sent Stiles a confused annoyed look before he bit his tongue and mumbled out a sorry.

"Just focus on the game, only the game," Percy said, "Focus on your heartbeat. Nothing else matters alright?" Scott nodded and Percy patted him on the back, before he grabbed his stick and helmet before heading towards the lacrosse field.

"Percy!" A voice called out towards him. He looked over to see Jackson waving him over. Confused Percy walked over towards the ass hole captain of the lacrosse team.
"You get the ball tonight,"Jackson said once Percy got close enough, "Don't pass to McCall."
"What?" Percy asked confused sending a glance towards Scott who was walking out of the locker room.
"You heard me. McCall doesn't get the ball tonight. We won without him last year, we can win without him this year. We don't need the kid on steroids causing us to lose our season when he fails his drug test."
Percy narrowed his eyes at Jackson before he glanced around to see it was just the two of them in the locker room. Giving him a fake smile Percy rose his hand and slammed it down hard on Jackson's injured shoulder before using his free hand to slam him up against the lockers. Jackson grimaced as the demigod glared down at him, and tried to escape from his grasp but it was no use.

"I'm going to make something very clear to you right now," Percy growled out, "I'm not your bitch, I don't do whatever you tell me to do."
"I'm not saying that!"
"No, what you're saying is you're afraid of Scott stealing your spot light in a sport. Didn't mommy ever tell you there's no I in team?" Percy mocked, "You're pathetic." Jackson didn't responded and glared at Percy who just smirked back. He let got of Jackson and tightened his jersey out.

"Try not to hurt yourself out there," Percy stated before walking out of the locker room leaving an angry Jackson behind. Percy jogged out onto the field where he saw Lydia walking away from Scott and into the stands.