Chapter Fifteen

This chapter is one of the chapters that I decided to not make many changes to for the episode. A few things are different, but in my mind this is a perfect set up episode to night school. Which will be changed some, so all the Stiles/Scott stuff in Heart monitor is the same, but Percy and Derek might do something that effects how the story plays out in the future.

Percy had decided to skip school, after the events Thursday, tensions had been high between Scott and Stiles and no progress had been made on the hunt for the alpha. Derek has spent the better part of his weekend trying to train Scott by randomly jumping him and acting like he was the alpha, with very mixed results. Hell even yesterday the alpha attacked Scott outside of Allison's house, drawing a spiral on the condensation of his mother's car.

Now that it was Monday, and the full moon was very close Percy and Derek were running out of time and needed to find the alpha now. So, the two of them decided that they would follow their best leads and try to revel the identity, in order to save Scott from becoming a killer.

"So the goddess of love, told you that everyone of the deaths the alpha has caused is related to my house burning down?" Derek asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm guessing some of them have connections to it," Percy shrugged, "Look is it possible that someone could have survived the fire besides Peter?"

"I don't know, part of me hopes so but If one of us did why would they kill Laura?" Derek stated, "It just doesn't make sense."

"I know I know," Percy sighed, "That was my thought as well...but right now this is our only lead."

"Well we only have one option," Derek sighed, "Let's see if we can break through to my uncle. Common I'll drive."

"You mean the one who can't speak?" Percy asked as he stood up, "I take it back we don't have any leads!" Derek didn't respond and Percy huffed as he followed Derek towards his car.

>>>

Stiles sighed as he saw Scott enter the classroom. He hadn't spoken, texted, or called Scott since Thursday night and he didn't really want to talk. Unluckily for Stiles, Percy had informed him that he was helping Derek with a lead and wouldn't be in school. Meaning Stiles would be facing this class without Percy there to sit in the empty seat behind him. Stiles didn't know why Percy had trust in Derek, especially sense Derek gave Stiles the creeps and the early impression the older werewolf gave still handing changed Stiles mind about him yet. He assumed that since Percy was much mentally older then he or Scott, that maybe they had a sense of understanding that the two newbies didn't have yet.

"Are you still not talking to me?" Scott's voice rang out behind him, Stiles didn't respond but Scott didn't give up.

"Look can you at least tell me if your dads okay? I feel really bad about it and I know I messed up and should have been able to help him... I'm sorry." Stiles simply just shook his head, in his mind he knew Scott was sorry, but he still felt that going the whole day without contacting Percy or him was not justified. He let his dad get hurt, and really just seemed like he didn't want to help stiles either especially when they needed to keep one of their friends safe from the alpha.

"Okay," Scott sighed, "What If I told you I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and that I went to Derek for help?"

"If i was talking to you I would say you're an idiot for trusting him, just like Percy's and idiot for trusting him," Stiles informed Scott not turning around, "But obviously im not talking to you." Scott seemed to give up and Stiles heard him grabbing some items out of his back pack.