CHAPTER FIVE : REUNION

ANNE POV

Dear Diary,

    I finally meet him!

    I finally meet the cause of my misery. The cause of my silence all this time. The cause of my social awkward around people. The cause of bigger humiliation. I don't know how much I hate him, until today.

   I just hate him so much.

  He is the one person that I trust since kindergarten, although he is not a good boy, but he never agreed with his friend picking on me. He is the one that encourage me to dress up the way I like instead of listening to my mother to dress a nerd.

   He is the one and only friend, my best friend back then, that I afraid to lost. He is the one that initiate the date to the prom, because I don't have a date.

   And he is the one that kiss me from jealousy because his crush hook up with his enemy… He stole my first kiss. And I thought we have something.

    No, I always though we have something.

    I confess, and he denied.

Toddles.
xoxo

***

“Nick….” I said half whisper.

Nick look up from my hand to meet my eyes. He frowned.

“You can let go of my hand now.”

“oh, sorry…. Anne.” he trailing. Look of guilty wash on his face. His beautiful face, his eyes, and his lips that I long all these time.

“ I know we've just meet. But let me be clear Nick.” I said looking into his green eyes. I watch her facial expression as he wait for me to continue.

“ I don't want to see you. I don't want you to meet me again. whatever purpose you had in your mind, I don't want to know.” he stunned, his lips slightly open as if he willing to say something.

I cut him of, “ Just let me be alone,” is all I said before walk away releasing my wrist from his grip.

“Anne…. can we a least be friend?” he said while I walk away.

“Again?” he continue as I don't answer and just walk.

“No.” I said slowly, as if he can hear me.

I leave him stunned, standing there on the hallway. He didn't even reach for me. Not that I hope for. But I keep thinking.

If he did not serious as he said that he want to be friend, then why approach?

I shake my head, walking down the corridor to my favorite tree, knowing that he would not be there.

There in the distance, I can see two figures bickering with each other, the brunette and a blonde boy. Wait. Isn't it Angeline? And Nathaniel?

I rolling my eyes almost immediately. There again bickering over something useless. Angeline with her hard as a rock head, and Nate as lazy as pig.

I don't know about them. But seeing them together bring small smile to my face.

Angie, I know you have a feeling towards Nate, that is why you always sided him whenever the professor question about him.

Danny, the professor call me again…”

“Danny, I am sorry, its that pig……”

“Danny, I see you later, Nate text me about the project, we need………”

And sometimes, she just texted me, that she can't make it. And I always understand, not that I don't care, but I always love to be alone.

Don't ask me, even I don't know why.

🌸vote and comment🌸