CHAPTER SIXTEEN : HIDE AND SEEK

NICK POV

Dear Diary,

There was once, after school, we will go to the nearby park, buying our favourite ice cream and sitting leisurely under a tree near a playground. That was once our favourite spot of all places we ever been.

The wind was very refreshing, a little bit secluded and facing a small man made lake where the water was as clear as the nature.

We will sitting there just talking about random things. But one day, as the teachers have taught us about our future, Nick ask me a question.

“ what do you want to be when you grow up.”

I want to be a lawyer. A very good lawyer. Even if I am to fail public speaking, I am still want to be a lawyer.

But then, times flies fast, and I becoming adore with some people surrounding me. The one that I admire the most is his parents. They are so loving, so committed to their loves one as equally as to their commitment.

They never taught Nick to be so proud of their wealth, and misused to something less benefit.

They taught him life was like a business, sometimes you have to negotiate, sometimes you have to lose, and sometime you have to be exact to what you want.

And I failed each of them.

xoxo

***

I sit underneath a tree in front of the main entrance of the campus alone, enjoying the view where some student rushing everywhere, and some arguing somewhere in the corner of my eyes. Actually, not really enjoying myself.

The thesis was done and submit, the final exam was done the past weeks and that is why maybe I never found her in the campus. And the graduation photoshoot is done, and still I never meet her.

She is just too good at this hide and seek game.

It is almost a months, three and a half weeks to be exact I have been doing this. After strolling around the campus, I will be here, looking around waiting for someone I missed so much.

I know it is obviously my fault, even a blind man should know that this was entirely my fault. I am to blame. But she should just have to listen. If only she could come out already from her hiding place. Just please once, I would tell her everything.

Angeline, she too avoiding me. Nate blame me for not be honest with her. He argued that the moment I saw her, the moment everything was clear, I should have tell her. But I am too mesmerized, to excited of being with her again that I forgot about that one thing.

It is just actually a misunderstanding.

I should have told her the moment she saw me at the cafe that night.

Stephanie too. She told me I should catch her again. Yes, that is exactly I have done when I realised she was gone at the hotel. I search for her everywhere from the sidewalk to the her favorite place, the beach, she is nowhere insight.

I called her phone but it was shut off. That moment I realised, I am in doomed. Everything scattered everywhere, just when I thought I got her trust again.

Suddenly I see Angeline walk down the stairs quickly, as if avoiding me. I run as fast as I can, grabbing her hand in the process.

“Angie.” I shout. She stopped midway. Hesitating turning around facing me.

“Please, An. Just tell me already.” I said releasing her hand. She look anywhere but me.

“Please just tell me. I have been waiting for her for the past week everyday. I am very closed to break down,’please.” I said, lying.

She is not spoken, but I can see her loosen up a bit. Her eyes meet mine.

“Kyle, you know you are a fool. Nate has told me everything, but still you are a fool. Danny loved you ever since, I can see it in her eyes the moment she step in this campus.” she said. I shut my mouth, be ready to accept anything that she is going to say to me.

“ This is just a misunderstanding. I know it. She never ever go on a date with anyone even when I forced her to. She is too naive Kyle, she is too pure, too believe in her love that she is ready to die old alone.” she continue.

“I know there is a story behind those sad eyes, but I never knew that the one she is longed for was you. She run away from you, because she believe she is not in your heart the way she wanted, but when you came here wanted her to be your date. I know she is not even dancing alone. But still you are a fool!” suddenly she yell and sighed loudly.

“Just make out already and make babies,” she said looking me in the eyes. Her hand holding mine passing a piece of paper. I startled a little, looking at her as she running down the field towards the parking lot.

I looked at the piece of paper and unfold it.

George Washington High School,
San Francisco’

🌸vote and comment🌸