CHAPTER TWENTY THREE : OUR BLACK BOOK

playlist :
You Are The Reason by Column Scott

ANNE POV

I sat at my table inside the teachers quarters after the last period. It's been months after the Stephanie’s wedding, and now I am an intern at an international school here in San Francisco.

Nick and I has finally settle down, and decide that maybe to go with the flow. We have known each other more than ten years already. There are really no need to rush things, right?

I just thought that maybe I put too much trust in this new relationship. Yeah, maybe too, because I have never in a real relationship before. It's not that I ever have a relationship, am I? And now we are having long distance relationship. oh, now I am thinking nonsense.

The sounds of knocking behind, stopped my thought. I quickly turned around, facing the door a few feet away.

“Come in,” I said. Two student from my class enter, they are searching around room before their eyes fall on me.

“Miss Moretz.” they said in unison.

“Yes Candice, Justin. May I help you?” I asked.

“ We came to deliver this.” they said, walking towards my table. I looked at them carrying a box and quickly nodded. They put the box on the table. I looked down, and frown.

“Who send this?” I asked again. They looked away, hesitating. ‘Okay.’

“That's fine. I will take care from here.” I said dismissing them.

After dismissing those students, I grab the box, a medium size box, and open it. There inside the box was a book. Not an ordinary book. It was my black book. My Little Black Book.

“Hey Little Book, where have you been?” I whispered to myself. The book was fine, no scratch at all. That's mean it was with someone all these time. Someone I know probably because he eventually found its owner. I wonder.

I checked around the book one last time before opening the book, to the very last page where I last wrote. My eyes wide open.

Dear Anne,

I am sorry.
I am sorry for not chasing you earlier
I am sorry for not coming for you earlier
I am sorry for all the miserable life you have
I am sorry for you not able be in a relationship
I am sorry for making you lonely on your birthday
I am sorry for everything I had ever done

But I am not sorry
For the first time my eyes fall on you
On your beautiful eyes
On your beautiful nose
On your beautiful blushed cheeks
On your beautiful kissable lips
On your beautiful silky hair (most love)
And all beautiful things about you

And I am truly not sorry for loving you

I love you, Daniella Anne.

Lover boy,
Your Lover boy

p/s: I wrote this when you are away, I know now you are mine 😉

I shut the book, wide smile appear on my face.

Suddenly the sounds of microphone testing startled me. I clutched the book on my side and quickly walk to the door. A few students walk fast past me, and a few of them seems running toward the main entrance.

A male voice sing an acoustic song through the microphone echoed along the main corridor.

🎶There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now
There goes my mind racing
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now🎶

“Somebody gonna sing out side.” I heard a student whispered to her friends.

🎶I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason🎶

I walked quickly following them.

“Who is this man, she sure is a lucky girl.” a male student said in front of me while I am approaching. I stretched my neck and looked outside the door.

🎶There goes my hands shaking
And you are the reason
My heart keeps bleeding
I need you now
If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day
Keeping you safe🎶

Kyle Nicholas.
Nick.

He is singing in front of the main entrance, on the grassy lawn, where a few steps away was a parking space. In front of those stairs, in front of my students.

As soon as he saw me, his smile grow wide. His nervous voice finally steady.

🎶And I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason
You are the reason🎶

🎶I'm a little sad
Just a little sad
I'm a little sad
I need you to hold me tonight🎶

🎶I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
'Cause I need you to see
That you are the reason🎶

I walked down the stairs as he finished. He hold out his hand to me. The students clapping sounded as I touched his hand.

‘oh my god!’

Suddenly, a few students that lined up behind him turn their back to me. Showing a few letters on their back. I looked up immediately.

‘BE MINE’

Awwwww sounds erupted almost immediately. I looked down again to see Nick on his knee holding a small black velvet box.

“Please, make me the happiest man alive and marry me.” he said. His nervous face almost making me laugh hard. Oh, I love this side of him.

I kept quiet for awhile. Tears slowly falling down my cheeks, and my hand still clutching the book.

“Em, Anne, I am not getting younger here.” finally he said. I burst out laughing. A happy laugh actually.

“Oh, Nick. Yes, I do!” I replied. He quickly stand up and hugged me. A relieved breath fanning my neck.

“I am afraid you had a second though over there,” he said. I chuckled lightly. He frowned.

“Maybe, don't you think this is too soon?”

“No, Anne. I have known you my entire life. I can't afford losing you this time.” he replied. I smile, a happy smile, a loving smile, a wishful smile.

“ I love you, Anne.” he said fling me around.

“ I love you too, Nick.”

“I loved you more.”

🌸vote and comment🌸