CHAPTER TWENTY : MASQUERADE STRANGER

Playlist :
Photograph by Ed Sheeran
Perfect by Ed Sheeran

NICK POV

Dear Diary,

Today is my birthday! Yeay!

Today I am 19.

Yes, Nineteen and all I ever do was drinking helplessly.

Never hook up with any one, never even be in a relationship, never have a boyfriend, ugh, even to have a guy friend seem so hard.

Remember I have two annoying older brothers?

Well, my brothers do give me presents, and it was annoyingly frustrated. Guess what? They both decided to give me a box of condom. Yeah, they control over my relationship and yet give me those unuseful things. Yet.

Remember my last birthday, Nick have gave me a necklace. A platinum necklace with diamond letter N locket.

It was his initial letter, but he said it is the short form of my name. ANNE.

Yeah, right.

toddles,
-supposed to be a happy day!-
xoxo

***

I watched from between the dinner tables,  a lady was dancing around the hall with the groom. Her perfect body, to her beautiful curves, and the hair. The beautiful golden brown hair, almost transparent under the dim light. Her soft hair, hanging loosely on its owner back never bore me.

Sometimes I saw her laughing casually, and sometimes I saw her smiling widely, and sometimes I saw her frowned. Anyways her face would be, I will always miss those beautiful face. Although hiding beneath the golden rose mask, I know its her. I.. just.. know.

The song almost ended when I decide to walk through the guest towards them.

“ May I ?” I say, politely. The groom nodded, slowly backing away after giving the lady a little kiss on the cheeks. She smiled.

I hold out my hand for her when another song was played. Her hand holding mine, while my hand holding her slim waist. Of course, slightly brushing those silky soft hair. I almost groaned, her hair was such a turn on.

Pleased.

A slow song by Ed Sheeran was played.

We move slowly, silently at first, back and forth. Her eyes looking anywhere but me. She seems shy and quite uncomfortable.

“ So, the groom's your friend?” I ask, trying to create a conversation. She looks at me, searching my eyes but I looked ahead, trying to avoid her eyes. Yes, I don't want her to run away and avoid me again. Just get it over with!

“ Yes, he is. Not really, but you can say that.” she said.

“ I see. So he is your ex?”

“What? No!” she chuckled.

“ That was too far from the truth. haha.” she said, laughing a little. I smiled.

“ So you are single, then.” I said as a matter of fact. I can see her tense a little bit. Her eyes looked away.

Under the dim light of the reception hall, I saw Stephanie dancing, lovingly with Derek. Her little angle running around dancing with other kids. Some people with their partner started to get in to the dance hall. My eyes finally fall to her again.