CHAPTER FIFTEEN : PAPA'S LITTLE GIRL

ANNE POV

“Anne, where have you been last night, I thought you go back straight to your dorm.” Dean started. I make a pouting mouth telling him do not even start, but then, as usual, it was no use.

“Yeah, I even call Angeline this morning and guess what?” said David coming into picture.

“She is sobering up with a guy, that Nate guy!” the both yell together. I cringed my eyes.

‘oh god!’

“ Listen guys, first of all, I am 22 years old. Please, god help me! And second, you call Angie before me, what a brothers you are.” I told them.

“ Yeah, I know all of your lame excuses and call her first, so then you can’t back up each other.”

“ We are genius.” David say high fiving with Dean.

“Tell me, where are you?” Dean ask me. I hesitating and then I saw David new hair dye.

I chuckled lightly. He always hate his blond hair saying that it look girly and differentiate him from ours brown hair. What can I say, he got our grandmother southern hair.

“hey blondie, nice hair bro” I shout to the phone trying to actually change the topic on air when suddenly Nick appear into the room. He chuckle loudly.

I give him a glare and he shut his mouth.

“ who is that?! Anne, don't tell me you are hooking up right now?!” Dean yelled his eyes almost popping out of the sockets.

“is he our customers? I told you Dee, someone is hitting on her.” David interrupt nudging his shoulder to Dean. I rolled my eyes then look at Nick face change a little bit.

“No Dee, no one's here.” I say seeing Nick eventually grinning at me, still listening to our conversation. I glared.

“don't lie to me,Anne…..” Dean say.

“ though I don't mind, it should be good to the cafe….” David continue, laughing.

“Shut up, blondie!” both me and Dean shout. I groan out loud cutting of the line as Nick laugh grows louder.

“You just need to do that, right?” I said, laying down on my bed hitting my head on the headboard. I hissed into the pillow while Nick laughing loudly of my silliness.

“So, what are we gonna do today?” I ask him. Nick stop laughing and standing up.

“I don't know about you, but I have somewhere to go.” he said, I raised my eyebrows.

“Sounds nice, mind if I tag along? Or are you going out with your girlfriend?” I ask him emphasizing the last word.

He look at me for a moment.

“I don't… know. Do you want to?” he ask me back, hesitating.

“Okay, fine. Girlfriend it is, I wont bother.” I say, pretending to pout. Failed actually.

“No, no, it's okay. I don't mind, just…it's not my girlfriend, but …. nevermind.” he say.

“Yay! You know I am not going out for quite some time. I’ll be ready.” I said rushing into the bathroom as if the house is mine.

*

We are driving past into the town after getting our lunch at the a cafe nearby.

“It's still a nice car, Nick. I remember riding it the first time.” I said breaking the silence. He smile, his eyes still on the road.

“I wish I am not rumbling nonsense last night. You seems awkwardly quiet.” I blurt out. I looked at his hands on the steering wheels. His grip tighter.

“No, Anne. Not at all….,” he replied trailing a little bit. His uneasiness seems surrounding the car.

“So, where are we going?”

“Ummm..” he hesitating.

“Actually before we arrived I should tell you something.” he said finally. So I am not mistaken, he is still not good at hiding his nervous. I smile.

“Nick, I know we have just met again. But I am still the same. Maybe change a little, but just give me a shot, okay. Just tell me.” i replied.

“Are we meeting your girlfriend?” I blurt. He immediately look at me when the traffic light turning red.

“What? No! I mean, no, we are not meeting whomever girlfriend, it just.. I don't want you to misunderstand. Its kinda sensitive, though.” he explain while turning into a hotel parking lot.

I look outside the car. The hotel was quite near the beach, so the crowd on the sidewalk in front of the hotel  are quite expectant. He quickly going out of the car and I follow him before he reach my door.

We were walking into the crowded lobby with girls in bikinis and surfer when a child shouting somewhere near us. Nick quickly look at the lounge couch.

“Papa!” I stop walk. Watching as Nick fast walking towards her.

“Hey, sweetheart.” he said kissing both the little girl cheeks, probably two years old.

“Where is mommy,” he ask her. I see her hand pointing toward the reception. My eyes follows.

There, Stephanie walk slowly toward them holding a luggage and a signature handbag. Smiling widely, of course.

I quickly walk back blending with the crowd toward the front door.

I can't believe my eyes. So, Nick and Stephanie are actually a thing. Oh my God. I feel my eyes sting with tears as I gliding out of the door.

“They have a daughter,” I whispered, walking away from the hotel.

🌸vote and comment🌸