CHAPTER NINE : BEACH WALK

ANNE POV

After the amazing local seafood dinner, I excuse myself to the washroom bringing my purse along for a little touch up and fixing.

My mind actually still wonder, what is up with him attending blind dates and all. If not me here tonight would he still go on this blind date. Oh, wait? Was he supposed to go on this blind date with Angeline?

How if Angeline want to know about him? How would I tell her ? Should I tell her I met with my misery tonight? or should I blame her for dragging me out of my comfort zone. I should have just cave in tonight. I shouldnt come here.

What if he want a second date. Well, tonight was not bad. In fact I am happy. We talk about casual things, just like a blind date supposed to be. We never mention about the past. In fact, we talk as if we just met today, and did not know each other.

That is why I am wondering from the beginning of this date. He is such a gentleman, just like he is before. But in another new level. I don't know someone manners can be upgradable.

Oh my heart!

Its beating fast again.

I fix my lipstick that had faded from the dinner and apply some loose powder to fix the blemish. Then I checked my dress if there is any gravy splatter around.

Thought I take a lot of time in the washroom, I peek a little to my wristwatch. It is almost ten o’clock. About half an hour have past. Think I should go outside and meet my present time, again.

I smile to the mirror, reflecting myself.

‘You can do this, Anne. It's almost over.’ I whispered and walk outside to the restaurant.

My eyes scanning the room searching for my date before it fall on a silhouette at the receptionist, waiting for me. I walk down to him slowly afraid that I might trip down from this heels.

He lift his hand asking for me before I grab him and walk outside.

“ We still have some time, I guess.” He said as we walk outside, while I follow. I notice he did not go straight to the parking lot.

We walk along side the restaurant corridor to the back. I can hear water splashing from the distance. I don't know this restaurant was near the beach. I guess I am daydreaming again, it was not really my fault though, especially on a blind date where I don't even know who my date is.

“ Do you mind we go to the beach for a while.” he said asking my permission.

“Yes, of course.” I answer quickly. He peek from the corner of his eyes giving me a huge grin.

“No, I mean, yes, sure, I would love that.” I say, again.

“ It is okay to not agree with me, Anne.” his voice sound deep and husky. My heart beat increase, again. I look down hiding my blush. Wait, he called me Anne, isn't it?

I gulped slowly, my heart beating doesn't seem to slow down.

The wind from the beach sending shivers on both my arm, creating goosebumps. Nick must notice them therefore he pull off his blazer and put it on my shoulder.

“Nick, please, this is not necessary.” I said slowly holding his blazer to give it back to him.

“ Now, now, Anne.” he smile, holding my hand.

“ I don't want you to catch a cold after our first date.” he said. I stunned.

First Date.

Is this our first date?

I chuckled nervously. “ Don't be silly Nick. You know I am a tough girl. If ever someone will catch a cold, it must be you.” I said grinning.

He smirk, stop walking, almost touching the water.

“Yes, I am. And I will take that cold from infecting you.” he said coming slowly, closer.

He take both my hand intertwined with his. I tilted my head looking at him.

“Why did you do this Nick.” I blurt out, but quickly looking down resisting to hear his answer.

He tilted my chin, demanding to look at him, again.

“ So that I can see those beautiful smile, again, on your face.” he said.

“Nick, we were just friend. You can always see my smile if you want to. You don't have to go this far. It is silly.”

“If you know I would come tonight, would you come too?” he said.

“Not just tonight, I don't see you anymore around the campus, the library, the cafe, we are you , Anne.” he continue without even waiting for my answer.

Well then, I don't even know what I would say either.

Silenced.

“ Even at our home back then, I never see you, Anne, after that day.”

I gulp slowly, my lips tremble, I know, right here, right now, the little pool in my eyes will burst out, but I refused, I refused for him to see this tears again. I walk backward slowly, attempting to run away.

“Don't go, Anne.” He whispered, tightened his grip on my hand.

“I won't let you go, again.”

🌸vote and comment🌸