CHAPTER TWENTY TWO : SUNSHINE

NICK POV

“Good morning, Denise!” I greeted as soon as the door open. Anne’s mother appeared almost suddenly between the door. Surprised, of course.

“Oh, morning Nick!”
“Early today I see.” she said, teasing. I rubbed the back of my neck.

“Yeah, I think I want to pick up her car today.” I replied, as a matter of fact.

“Oh, right. But the little miss princess does not rise yet. Come in.” she said. I nodded, followed her inside.

“Just make yourself at home, Nick. Breakfast on the table if you like.” she said pointing to the kitchen isle.

“Its okay, Denise.” I said, sitting on the couch. I will just wait here.

“Don't be silly, Nick. Just go upstairs, wake up that sleepyhead.” she replied chuckled while grabbing her coat and a basket near the door.

“ I am going to the market.” she said, slipping through the door.

“Okay,” I said, smiling slightly watching her going out.

‘and now I am alone, waiting for the princess.’ I thought to myself.

A few minutes passed and I am getting bored.

Standing up, I walked to the kitchen island, looking at the breakfast that already prepared beforehand. Probably for Anne’s father before he went to work earlier.

I picked up a plate and pleasured myself to the fluffy pancake Denise had make.

The smells of coffee brewing probably waking up the princess as I heard footsteps walking down the stairs.

“Morning, mom!” I heard her shouted before she stop midway. I immediately turn around facing to surprise her. But instead, I am shocked. Actually, both we are.

There standing midway through the kitchen door, Anne, with her spaghetti strap camisole, and short pajamas pants. I can feel my jaw dropped to the floor. My eyes almost popped out of the socket.

“What are you doing here!?” she shout, trying to cover her chest with her hand. I quickly looked away while she running upstairs as fast as she can.

‘Oh, god’ I sighed.

“ You don't answer my question.” I heard she asked as she walked into the kitchen. She had wear a black t-shirt replacing the sexy camisole she wore earlier. I released my breath slightly.

“What question?” I asked her back.

“What are you doing here.” she said, taking a piece of pancake into her plate.

“Oh, I think I want to go to pick up your car today.” I said casually, finishing my pancake.

She looked at me.

“Oh yep, my car.”

“So, just give me the keys, I can go there myself.” I said.

I saw her shook her head.

“Its okay, I am going out anyways.” She replied. I raised my eyebrows.

“Where to?” I ask. She looked up at me. Our eyes met, and she smiled.

“Why, jealous already, lover boy?” she said, teasing. Silenced.

Still silenced, and finally she sipped on her coffee, ignoring me.

I stand against the kitchen stoves, still observing her from my peripheral views. I heard her sighed.

“ Fine, I am going to the stores, around the corner.” she said. I grinning eventually.

“Get it over with, lover boy.” she shrugged standing up walking to the sink.

“No, never, sunshine.” I replied touching her nose in the proses.

“You are mine.” I whispered to her ear. My nose brushing her cheek. I feel her body tense.

I see she was hesitating to turn around, almost froze in front of the sink. I take a step closer, turning her around, facing me.

“ because you can never run away, again.”

I said.

My lips meet hers.

***

I saw her locked the front door from my car, and walked down slowly to me. Her black ripped jeans and turtleneck sweater give me a simple look. Her coat and sling bag completed her appearance today.

I opened her the passenger door before running around to the driver seat, start the ignition and drove off.

“ So, where are you going, first?” I ask as we drove off into the corner.

“ The mart.” she replied, casually. I looked at her from the corner of my eyes, seeing her typing something into her phone.

“ So what are you buying?” I ask again, attempting to gain her attention.

“Nothing.” she said. I frowned almost immediately.

“huh?”

“Erm, can you wait inside the car while I get something…?” she asked me, demanding. I stopped the car at the sidewalk, turn to my right.

“And why is that?” I ask, raising my eyebrows. ‘oh, I sound so clingy, right?’

“Erm,.. can you just… wait?” she tried again.

“Okay fine. But I will know anyways.” I said, she get out almost immediately as I replied.

She come out from the store later holding a black plastic tight to her side. I smirked.

‘As if I don't know.’ I talked to myself.

I let her inside my car before I drove off to the yesterday wedding venue.

“ I guess, after this you want some ice cream and chocolates,” I said to her after a while. My eyes fell to the plastic bag on her lap.

Her face flushed red, looking at me guiltily.

I laughed heartily while she smacked my shoulder with her fist.

“Nicholas!”

🌸vote and comment🌸