CHAPTER FOURTEEN : SOBER

KYLE POV

Dear Diary,

Today I am leaving my hometown. I am leaving my childhood, I am leaving the best part of my life. I am leaving my best friend, the one and only best friend I ever had. and it was all started with me.

Who can I blame for these development of feeling. If I can turning back to the time when all of these things happening, I would. I have broken the most precious part of my memories because all I want is him for myself.

And he is not giving back what I want. I bet he even didn't have it, isn't he?

I am crushing him since middle school, and he is crushing on someone else.

The moment I saw him heartbroken and failed, I just can't help myself. Just like I always do. I want to comfort him. Ensure that everything will tuning out fine and he was not alone.

I am there all the time.

But now, I choose to be gone. Because honestly, I know, I never be there in his heart.

And so, now here I am, packing all my stuffs, leaving my memories of him, and move on.

Hmmph!
Perhaps seeing someone new. Yeay! for me.

I will be back very soon.
Here LA, I am coming!!!

Love,
xoxo

***

I quickly shut the book and put it in my drawer when I heard shuffling behind me, follow by a soft groan.

“Urgh, my head.” Daniella say groaning while holding her head. I chuckle,turning my chair facing her.

“The best part of drinking to much, and grinding may I add.” I say waking up to the door.

“Urghhh, I don't know, I did that?” I hear her say as I walk to the kitchen.

Grabbing some water and aspirin, I quickly walk back to the room holding the glass of water to her.

“Thanks, Nick, or Kyle… uh, whatever.” she reply shaking her head and gulping down the pills with the water.

“Lay down, you will be fine.” she nodded and lay back, her eyes watching me curiously.

“Here, answer this damn thing, it keeps ringing non stop I think I might go crazy myself.” I say holding her phone. She grab it, looking at the caller ID before answering.

I think I heard her curse or something before changing her tone to a soft and sweet one.

“Hey Deedee.”

“DANIELLA ANNE MORETZ, where have you been, I’ve calling you since this morning.”

I hear someone yelling from the phone. Its a video call.

“ Sorry…. wait, you call since morning?! what time is it now..?!” she yell to the phone while glaring at me. I shrugged my shoulder.

Suddenly my phone ringing. I hold my hand telling her I am outside before answering the phone.

“Hey Steph, whats up?”

“Hey Nick, sorry to bother you, but could you do me a favour?” she ask. I frown my eyebrow.

“Yeah, sure. What is it?”

“So, Derek’s got an emergency flight to the States this morning, so we stuck here in the hotel until our flight this evening.” she explain.

“Yeah, alright, i’ll be there. When is the flight again?” I ask before she elaborate further. I heard her chuckling from the other side.

“Fine, you dont even let me finish!” she said, sound pouting, I think, but more like pretending. I just laugh lightly.

“Cut it, Steph. I just know you too well.” I replied, listening to her blabbering about the flight and something along with bringing me back to hometown before hanging out and cut off the line.

I walk into my room again seeing Anne still arguing with her brother or brothers.

“Hey, blondie! Nice hair bro.” she shout to the phone. I chuckle, probably loudly.

“ who is that?! Anne, don't tell me you are hooking up right now?!” her brother yelled. I think that was Dean.

“is he our customers? I told you Dee, someone is hitting on her.” that was Dave, sounding more soft and understanding. I see Anne started rolling her eyes and sigh but then something started building inside me.

‘Is it true?’ I thought.

“No Dee, no one's here.”she say giving me a fierce glare.I grin and shrug away.

“don't lie to me,Anne…..”Dean said.

“ though I don't mind, it should be good to the cafe….” Dave said, laughing.

“Shut up, blondie!” I heard they both yell. Stunned, I laugh hard almost fell to the floor.

I looked at Anne slapping her forehead, muttering something before cutting of the line.

She sigh loudly.

“You just need to do that, right?” is all she said. I just laugh harder seeing her lay down on her back with a thud. Maybe her head hitting the headboard, I laugh again.

*

I spread the top and jeans that I got this morning on the bed before walking out of the room. I look around one more time inspecting if she need anything else before the bathroom door wide open revealing Anne with only a towel clutches tightly on her chest.

My eyes stare anywhere but her face afraid that I can't control myself. She chuckled nervously pointing to the clothes on the bed.

“Thank you for that Nick, I thought I am gonna wear this disgusting clothes for the day.” she said. I gulping the huge lump forming in my throat before answering while back out of the room.

“Yeah, just… just… just get done, I will be outside.” I stutter not looking back. I think I heard her laugh and saying coward but I ignore anyway.

Shit.

🌸vote and comment🌸