CHAPTER TWELVE : DRUNKEN ANNE

NICK POV

I am just about to pull my car into my house driveway when my phone ringing on the dashboard. Who ever call this late at night must be insane. Fortunately, I am not sleeping yet.

I look at the caller before picking it up.

“Nate, it's late, what do you want?”

“Nickyy, we got a problem here…..” he said, a little bit slurred may I add.

“I told you Nate, I am not going to be your designated driver all the time. I-...”

“Daniella is insane!” suddenly he shout to the phone. I frown. Daniella? The hell?!

“Nate, where are you,” I say as I heard him say about a local club downtown.

“Whatever, just hold on, i’ll be there.” I say before driving out of the driveway to the club.

I am almost at the club when I see a bunch of people out of the club crouching down at a lamp post. I slowed down my car when I see a familiar blonde. I pull off my car right in front of them and quickly going out.

“Nate what the hell man, you got them drunk?!” I yell looking at Nathaniel drunken self.

He hold up both of his hand in denial.

“Hey, you got me wrong hereeee,” I frown clenching my fist.

“Hey wait...hold on bro, they were already drunk when I got here. I just joining them. Look, isn't she adorable.” he added while came over to pinch Daniella flushed cheeks.

I quickly slapped his hand earning growl from him before he grab Angeline’s shoulder, grinning.

“I told you, he got it baddddddd,” he say to Angeline, and they giggled.

“You won't believe me what happened in there. She is sooo hot. Grinding and dancing on the table,..” Nathaniel say shaking his head. I glare at Anne still crouching holding the lamp post for dear life.

“Whatever, now I will bring her home. Both of you, since it already past midnight. I am not sure it is okay for me to send you to the college right now, isn't it?” I explained while Nathaniel shrugged.

“Nooooo, I want to ridee……” I heard Angeline whining, “.... that bike. Isn't he gorgeousssss?!” she shriek, slurring of course.

“Hell yeah, I know you love it!” Nathaniel gladly agree while dragging Angeline with him to his bike.

“Buh-bye Annnnnnnn!” Anne yell to her friend, standing up, done throwing her stomach content. I sigh.

‘what a night,’ I mumbled to myself.

“yeahhh, what a night.. now, my good sir, show me my pumpkin carriage…” I heard Anne say, stumbling to cross the parking lot towards my car. I chuckled and followed along beside her before opening the car door.

“Here you are princess. Now, now, no throwing up in my car, okay.” I say holding the door waiting for her. She gives me a hard glare before grinning.

“No promises,” she said showing her crossed fingers in front of me. I quickly run to the driver seat and start the engine.

We are almost at my house when I hear Anne mumbling something beside me. I look at her closed eyes while pulling onto the driveway and park my car.

“I never thought you come back….” she say. I resist myself from going out of the car.

“I thought you forget……”

“ But, you still the same…..”

“ Stephanie hmmmm…”

“ Friendzoned………” I shutting out her voice when,

“ Where is my book when I need it……….”

suddenly I hear her sobbing but her eyes still close tight.

“I never forget Nick,” i straighten up when I heard my name. Is she talking about me?

“It is hurt, and I am ashamed. They said I make a scene out of smallest things, and exaggerated. I don't know it is exaggerated to stand for who I want in my life. I don't know it is overdramatic to run away from people I know just because I confess my feeling to my best friend. They said I can always find another love, I can always find another kisses. But you know Nick, I would never find someone like you. I never like you Nick, I lied. I should not run away, right?......” she stop talking. Silence surrounding us, the vacant car eventually feel confined and pack.

I finally releasing a huge breath that I hold until now after a quite long moment. I look at her when suddenly she started whimper and her cheeks are wet from all those tears.

Sleep Talks. A habit she always had when she is overly drunks. I quickly unfasten both our seatbelts before pulling her on my lap, resting her head on my shoulder while soothes her back, trying to calm her down.

“ I loved you…” she whispered before tiny snores following her evenly breathing.

I stunned, a lost for words. But then, a huge smile forming on my face. So wide I think my cheeks hurt. She loved me? I thought they were just like, as in like-like. As friend? we used to be best friend right? And now I am overthinking.

“You gotta be kidding me, Anne.” I whisper back to her, although she might not remember tonight.

🌸vote and comment🌸