The Serpent

Then all of the sudden something started rising from the water.....
A giant serpent hissed in territorial anger. "Well, I guess we know why it's so deadly...." I said looking at Dark who seemed to be ready for anything. "Shut up, if this thing makes a move you run." Dark uttered to me. "Me? Run? Ha! No. I may be a human but I can...." I never got to finish my sentence because the serpent grabbed my arm with its teeth and flung me to the far side of the water. "Y/N!!!" I heard Dark yell as I got up from where I was laying. I groaned and saw the gushing blood from my knees and elbows. "I'm ok!" I responded clearly lying. "Riverstar!" I heard someone yell from behind me. I turned around to see a black haired teen girl around my age, with emerald green eyes. The serpent snapped its attention to her. "Is that how we treat our guests? Young lady?" The girl asked. The serpent shook its head in response. "Go back to sleep they do not mean harm." The girl ordered. I looked at the girl in curiosity.

- what the girl is wearing

"What is your name?" I asked as Dark flew down to meet up with us."Shadow, I own as far as the great flower." She responded. "You mean the flower of life?" Dark asked. "Yes, indeed. Now enough of that. Why have you traveled this path?" Shadow questioned. "Well, my mother is terribly sick, she got the sickness from Death Flower..." Dark responded. "Well then I'll show you the way!" Shadow said disappearing into the woods. "Should we follow?" I asked. "Yes..." Dark replied. Then we ran after the girl.