Accidents Happen

Chris took the day off in order to find someone who was willing to care for Ricky some days a week and make some arrangements. He contacted his friend Ryan, who works from home, and asked him about watching Ricky one or two times a week.

''Hell I'll watch him everyday if you want,'' said Ryan. He already knew what kind of relationship Chris and Ricky were in and it didn't bother him, so that's why he got called first.

''Really!? Oh my god thank you so much Ryan!" Chris said excitedly. ''He's gonna love you. I'll send you a list of the rules and stuff that he's supposed follow. If he disobeys you, let me know and I'll punish him. He's normally a pretty good boy, but he can be pretty bratty when he wants to be.''

"I'm sure he'll be fine, Chris. When are you going to bring him here?" Asked Ryan.

"Tomorrow morning at about 6:30. He'll probably just want to sleep for a while when I drop him off, but make sure he's up by 9 if he does.''

"OK,'' replied Ryan. ''Bye.''

''Bye and thank you,'' Chris said before hanging up. He turned towards Ricky and smiled. ''Baby I've got someone that'll watch you... Every day!"

''Reawy Dada?" Ricky asked.

"Yep, its my buddy Ryan. You'll love him.'' Chris said. ''How bout we go get some breakfast baby.''

"Sure Dada, jus wet me go get my clothes on.'' Ricky said. He ran upstairs to their room and threw on a blue sweater, some blue thigh highs, and black vans. He ran back down the stairs and as he was nearing the bottom, tripped and fell on his arm. He instantly started crying.

Chris heard a thud, a crunch, and then crying. He bolted over to the stairs where Ricky lay at the bottom, a bawling mess.

Ricky pointed at his arm and said between sobs,''i-i think its b-bwoken daddy.''

Chris carefully touched Ricky's arm, causing him to scream. "No don't do that that hurts!!!"

Chris ran to the kitchen and grabbed his phone, speed dialing the doctors office. "Um yeah hello? I think my boyfriend just broke his arm. Is there any way I can bring him in now?'' Chris asked frantically. A woman answered the phone. "Sure dear, just bring him here, the doc will have a look. If its broken, we'll send him to the hospital to get a cast put on.'' ''Ok , thanks ma'am.'' Chris said before hanging up. He ran back over to ricky who was still on the floor crying. He scooped his baby up and carried him out to the car, carefully setting him in and buckling his seatbelt. He ran back to lock the door to the house and rushed back to his car. He got in and drove as quickly a the speed limit allowed him to. They arrived to the doctors office in about 10 minutes. He wasn't over, picked ricky up, and took him in. The lady at the desk saw rickys arm and said,''darling, his arm is definitely broken go ahead and take him to the hospital so you dont have to wait on the doctor.

Chris quickly took ricky back to the car and drove to the hospital, which was only across the street. He picked ricky up and there was a nurse waiting outside for them. She led them to the room where Ricky would get his cast placed. Chris sat Ricky up on the table and they waited for the doctor to come in, which didn't take long surprisingly.

''Hello Chris, what seems to be the problem?" Dr. Kuza asked. "My boyfriend here tripped down the stairs and broke his arm.'' Chris replied. He motioned his hand towards Ricky who was whimpering behind him.

"Well, it definitely is broken,'' Dr. Kuza said. ''I'll send him over to the x-ray room and then we'll put a cast on him.''

Kuza opened the door and led Chris and Ricky out to the X-raying room. ''Chris's, you'll have to stay out here and wait. It will only be a few minutes.'' Dr. Kuza said. Ricky whined, hearing that his daddy was unable to go in with him. But he didn't protest because he knew the doctors would make his arm better and the sooner it happened, the better. He walked in with Dr. Kuza and was prepped for an x-ray. When they got the needed x-rays, Dr. Kuza led Ricky and chris to yet another room, where ricky would receive his cast. Chris held Ricky's free hand as the cast was placed.

"We will take this off after 6 weeks,'' the nurse said. ''You'll be all better then.'' She smiled at ricky. Ricky smiled back. "Tank yew for taking care of me,'' he said. "You're welcome sweety.'' The nurse replied. She led them out to the front room again. Chris thanked the doctors and nurses and held Ricky's hand on the way to the car. As he buckled him in he kissed his forehead lightly.

"You did such a good job baby boy. How bout we go get some lunch and some ice cream for home as your reward?"

Ricky nodded excitedly and pecked Chris's lips.

After they got back to the house and Ricky finished his ice cream, he let out a big yawn.

''Is someone sleepy?" Asked chris.

"Yes daddy,I am...can we go snuggle on the couch pwease?" Ricky asked between yawns.

"Sure baby,''Chris said as he picked Ricky up. He walked over to the couch and set Ricky down before sitting down beside him. He positioned them so that Ricky was laying on top of him. He carefully draped his arms around Ricky, careful not to touch his arm.

"I'm sowwy I fell down da stairs daddy." Ricky said.

"Baby, don't be sorry,'' Chris said as he kissed his baby's head.

"Accidents happen.''

This is probably the worst chapter yet so, I apologize.-Ryan