Confession

Chris pulled into his driveway, gravel crunching beneath the tires. He shut down the vehicle and sighed, still upset about whatever it was that happened at Devin's house. He finally got out of the car and went over to Ricky's side to help the smaller man out. As Ricky walked in front of Chris, Chris gave him a pat on the butt. He also noticed how Ricky was limping, so he sped up to Ricky and lifted him up off the ground. Chris fumbled around with the keys, trying to get the door unlocked while holding Ricky in his other arm. When he finally got the door unlocked, he pushed it open and went inside, the warmness greeting their chilly bodies like a nice warm hug. He took Ricky over to the couch and gently set him down.

"You stay here, I'm going to go change into some more comfortable clothes, and I'll bring back your blankie and stuffie so we can take a nap,'' Chris said.

"Otay daddy, tank yews,'' Ricky replied. Chris turned and made his way up the stairs. Ricky felt a buzzing in his pocket, against his thigh. He pulled out his phone and saw that there was a contact request from a local number. He opened the message app and approved the request.

Vinny: Hey, it's Vinny! Ryan told me your number. I just wanted to make sure everything was OK because when Chris left, he seemed pretty pissed about something. Daddy said that he had said something that made Chris mad, but I don't know what. The text read.

Ricky: I'm fine, he just went upstairs to change and he said we'd take a nappie when he gets back. Ricky texted back.

Ricky: I'm gonna go, he's coming downstairs. He said before switching his phone off. Chris walked down the stairs, walking up next to Ricky before sitting down.

"Who you texting?" He asked.

""Just Vinny,'' Ricky replied.

"I'm glad you two got along so well,'' Chris said, smiling softly. He put an arm around Ricky and squeezed him slightly. Ricky lay his head on Chris's chest. He felt so warm and safe there. Suddenly, he felt Chris tense.

"Where. Did. You. Get. This.'' Chris asked, lifting the key around Ricky's neck.

"Um, Vinny gave it to me, why?"

''Never mind,'' Chris said. His breathing had sped up.

"Did Vinny tell you anything when he gave it to you?" Chris asked.

"He told me he'd tell me someday,'' Ricky replied.

"Are you telling me the truth? Is that all he said?"

"Yes daddy,'' Ricky said. ''What's wrong?"

''Oh nothing, I'm just having flashbacks,'' Chris said. He clearly was not OK.

Ricky hugged Chris, ''I's sowwy Dada, are they scawy?" Ricky asked. Chris smiled down at Ricky.

"Yeah, the kinda are,'' he replied.