Aftermath

Chris stayed home with Ricky the next day, to take care of him, knowing that he would be in pain and possibly be suffering from sub drop. He watched as Ricky slept, admiring his look of innocence. He was really taking him in for how small he was. He reached his arm over and around Ricky, pulling him in close. He tangled a hand in his hair and began playing with it. Ricky stirred and opened his eyes, looking into Chris's.

"Daddy? Aren't you gonna be late for work?'' Ricky asked groggily.

"Baby boy, after our night last night, I figured I'd better stay home and take care of you.'' He said as he pulled Ricky into a tight hug.

Ricky smiled and lay his head against Chris's chest.

''Tank yews daddy!" He said, clinging onto Chris. "Tan we go watch a movie and cuddle?"

"Sure, anything for my baby. Can you walk or do you need me to carry you?" He asked Ricky. Rick had struggled with walking to the bathroom last night and Chris didn't want him to fall down the stairs again.

"Will yews carries me pwease?" Ricky asked, giving Chris puppy dog eyes.

"My pleasure," said Chris with a goofy grin. He got up out of bed and walked around to Ricky's side. He carefully picked him up and headed downstairs. He no more than sat down on the couch with his baby when he heard him whine.

"What's wrong baby, are you OK?" Chris asked worried.

"Daddy I's forgots my paci and stuffie upstairs,'' Ricky pouted.

"Don't worry my prince, I'll go get them,'' Chris said before placing a kiss on Ricky's forehead. Ricky smiled at his daddy before he went upstairs again.

As Ricky heard Chris coming down the stairs again, he heard a thud.

"God fucking dammit!" He heard Chris yell. "Jesus Christ,'' he groaned.

Ricky got up to investigate and found Chris on the floor at the foot of the stairs, a puddle of blood pooling around Chris's head. His eyes widened in panic when he saw the blood.

"OH MY GOD CHRIS ARE YOU OK?! I mean, wait no you're clearly not, what the hell happened?! Can you hear me? Are you dead?'' He rambled in a panic. Chris touched a hand to his head, the movement flooding Ricky with relief. At least he didn't knock himself out.

Chris pulled his hand back, revealing blood.

"Baby boy, I think these stairs are trying to kill us,'' he laughed.

"Why the hell are you laughing Chris? You just busted your head open for gods sake!" Ricky exclaimed.

"I don't want to cry in front of my baby that's why. Laughing is a distraction from the sheer pain that I'm feeling right now.''

"Do you have a first aid kit? I can stitch you up.'' Ricky asked.

"Sure, its in the kitchen in the utility closet. On the second shelf, to the right.''

"OK,'' Ricky replied. He headed to kitchen and opened the closet door. There were three shelves. He looked over at the one on the right like Chris had said. He saw the kit and opened it to make sure that it contained what he needed. Surprisingly, it did. He grabbed some paper towels and a bowel of water along with a glass of water for Chris. He set the things out on the dining table and went to the stairs to retrieve Chris. He was still laying there. Ricky walked over and cleaned up the blood with the paper towels and then helped chris  up, acting as a crutch for him, as he was feeling light headed and dizzy.

"Here, sit down,'' instructed Ricky, pulling out a chair for Chris. Chris did as he was told. Ricky walked over to the medicine cabinet inside the utility closet and grabbed some painkillers. He walked back over to Chris and handed him a couple, along with the glass of water.

"Here, you'll wanna take these.'' He said.

Chris slowly put the pills into his mouth and swallowed them with a swig of water. He then set the cup down and leaned his head over so that Ricky could see what he was working with. He put on some gloves after washing his hands and started by cleaning up the wound with some antiseptic and prepped the area for stitches. He rubbed some numbing gel onto the area and gave Chris the shots needed to proceed. Then he began with the stitches. Chris noticed Ricky trembling. He was clearly sore and it was hurting him to stand, but he toughed it out to help his daddy. That really made Chris happy to have him. He also noticed how ricky stuck his tongue out to the side as he was concentrating on the task at hand.

"Almost done, just a few more stitched, then the finishing touch.'' Ricky said. He finished up the stitches and applied antibiotic ointment onto the area to help it heal.

"I'll take em out in about two weeks,'' Ricky said, sounding all doctor-like. Chris chuckled at this. Ricky was cleaning up the table when he collapsed on the floor. Chris jumped up to help him stand.

"You go sit down, I'll clean up.'' He told Ricky. "It hurts you to stand, I can tell.''

"No, you go sit down, I'll be fine. I need to get this stuff cleaned up,'' Ricky said.

"Go sit down, that's an order young man,'' Chris said more sternly.

"Fine,  but im sitting in this chair so I can be in here with you.'' He replied. He made it up to his feet and struggled, but he made it to the chair. Then he started grabbing everything that he used and wheeled across the kitchen to put it away. Chris rolled his eyes. He wasn't going to give this up. Ricky got done cleaning up and wheeled the chair back to its normal spot. He got up and with Chris's help, stumbled to the couch. They both sat down, Ricky laying against Chris's chest.

"Are you OK Chris?" He asked.

"Yes baby, I'm fine. And why didn't you ever tell me you could stitch people up?" He asked teasingly.

Ricky giggled. ''I don't know, it just never came to me I guess. I once stitched up a friend of mines knee and now I can do it.'' Its pretty simple once you do it a few times actually.

"Wow, its not everyday that you get an amazing, ungodly adorable boyfriend who's also a fucking doctor.'' Chris said. Ricky blushed.

"I think the closest I am to any of those would be doctor. I'm not amazing OR cute.'' Ricky said.

"Bull crap.'' Chris said. ''You're the most adorable, sexy, and amazing person in existence. You put up with me and you let me take care of you and you take care of me when I need it, and I know I'll always have someone to talk to if I ever need it. I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend than you my precious baby.''

Ricky turned a deep shade of red and buried his face into Chris's shirt.

"And I couldn't have asked for a better daddy.'' Ricky mumbled into Chris's chest. He pulled away from Chris and placed a hand on the side of his face and kissed him softly. Chris pulled Ricky into his lap and wrapped an arm around him, pulling him closer then placed his other hand on the back of Ricky's head, deepening the kiss. Ricky pulled back she he needed air and stared into Chris's eyes. He could tell he was on the brink of tears.

"What's wrong daddy, did I hurt you?'' He asked.

"No, I'm just thinking about ho lucky I am to have you and how I never want to lose you. You're too perfect for your own good.'' Chris said with a smile. He wrapped both arms around Ricky and hugged him tightly. Ricky hugged back. He lay his head on Chris's shoulder.

"I love you daddy,'' ricky said.

"I love you too baby boy.'' Chris replied. ''And I hope I never lose you.''

"I hope I never lose you either.'' Ricky replied. ''You mean too much to me.''

Chris ran a hand through Ricky's hair gently, while rocking him. He reached over to the lamp table and grabbed Ricky's paci, putting it in his mouth.  Ricky smiled and hugged his daddy harder. Chris draped a blanket over the two of them and rested his head against Ricky's. The two of them fell asleep, exhausted and sore, clinging onto each other like their lives depended on it.