Eliza x Reader Au

Modern, Eliza leaves Alex and after many years of having Reader help her and the kids, Eliza admits she has feelings

I didn't really specifically say the gender of the reader so it can be girl or boy, also Philip isn't dead bc I say so,  and no one can tell me otherwise also also, short

•°•

"Philip! Oh I am so glad you are home!" Philip wasn't even in the house before his mother had wrapped her arms around him in a tight embrace. The boy smiled before returning the hug.

"Miss us that much did ya? You've only been gone a few months," Y/n said, leaning against the living room doorway. They wore a large smile, one that mirrored the ones on Philip's siblings as they ran to him, all tackling him in a huge hug. Just before the group fell Eliza stepped away to join Y/n in the door way.

"They act like complete children sometimes," Eliza commented when Philip, James, and John play fought in the front lawn.

"Well have you seen who their mother is?" Y/n joked.

The pair chuckled for a moment before Eliza's face became serious and she looked over at Y/n.

"Yes, but you helped raise them," Eliza informed the other.

Y/n nodded, "you have seven children. Someone had to help you with them."

"Angelica could have."

"Angelica lives across the ocean."

Eliza became quiet for a while before she continued, "you could have never helped. Or left by now. But you've stayed with me through it all, Y/n. Thank you."

"I would do it again in a heart beat." Y/n's face was just as serious as Eliza's now. "I would do it all over again and never change a thing. You needed someone and I was ready to be there for you."

Suddenly Eliza's lips were press against Y/n's. She didn't know what came over her, she just felt she needed to do it. Just as she was about to pull away, Y/n's hand came to rest on Eliza's shoulder and they kissed back.

The kiss was over as soon as it started, and their foreheads rested against one anothers.

It was Eliza who spoke first, her voice soft, "I love you, Y/n. Really I do. I didn't think I could live after what Alex did, but with you always by my side, I know I can."