Angelica x Reader

Inspired by my picnic date today

I held her hand as we walked down the hall, weaving around other students to get outside. In her other hand held the mini basket, full of smaller containers, their content unknown to me.

The destination was also unknown.

The walk inside wasn't long, then came another small walk outside. It took me awhile to get where we were going.

The police station next to the school. More specifically, the garden at the station.

It had just turned over from spring to summer, mid May weather. A sun shine day.

Angelica laid down the red and white plaid blanket onto the green grass. We used our bookbags as weights to hold it down, then we sat down across from each other, picnic basket between us.

She handed me a sandwich, crust cut off, crunchy peanut butter and strawberry jam. Just the way I liked. (Look that's the best kind of pbj and if you disagree you can kindly leave. (I'm joking please don't hate me))

We ate in a pleasant silence, only the birds made song and the wind russled the near by trees.

After sandwiches were eaten, the "main course" was brought out. Some grapes. Red and seedless. I laughed at how she considered grapes more of a meal than a child style sandwich.

The only other conversation made was me pointing out a small squirrel. Angelica threw it a bread crust. I laughed more.

Then carrots were brought out, and eaten quite quickly.

It was at this point that the first few drops came down. It started as a light drizzle, and slowly transitioned to a downpour.

"Y/n we should go back!" She was smiling, her voice let it be clear she was having fun out here.

"What's a little rain done to anyone?" I looked up at her, she held my hands on hers as she stood ubove me. I wore a large smile.

She laughed, a sound I loved to the moon and back, "it melted the wicked witch."

"Are you the wicked witch, though, Angelica?" I raised my eye brows at her. She laughed more.

"As far as I know I'm not." She sat down next to me, pulled out her umbrella, and wrapped one of her arms around my shoulder.

Now that we were no longer being soaked to death, I was enjoying the moment even more. I rested my head on her knees, as they were to her chest.

I don't know how long we sat like that, I just know when I looked at my phone we had 10 minutes till we had to go back.

"I don't want to leave.." Angelica whined after I told her the news.

"Said the one who wanted to leave the moment a drop hit her hair."

"But I enjoy this now."

"As do I."

"Y/n, I love you."

"I love you too, Angelica."