Oak x reader

Pardon this being a bit short. The idea popped into my head and I just wanted to get something out for you guys

"No you're literally just wrong, sorry hun."

"You can't be wrong on opinions, y/n."

I stayed silent. He was wrong. I had taken my stance, and he held the opposite. We could have gone on for hours had Daveed not told us to shut the fuck up. I was still annoyed, but kept my mouth shut.

Oak was in the wrong. Pineapple does/n't belong on pizza. It may sound like a stupid, maybe even irrational argument, but it meant a lot. Our friendship rested on this. And the once kindling romance, or at least my crush on him, was crumbling.

I liked Oak. I liked him a lot. I have never been sure of how he felt, maybe we were just friends to him, maybe just co-workers. At the time I didn't realize that this was a fanfic so he obviously liked me back, or else this wouldn't be written.

The day went on slower than normal. Practice was boring, it was getting close to opening day, so details were at the forefront of everyone's mind. I hate doing the same song over and over for what felt like years.

I didn't have a big role in the musical, a background girl mostly. Peggy was her name, but I only said it like 3 times. I had a duet with Lin, but I never felt anything towards him.

There's a scene where Oak walks down the stage throwing petals. I felt head over heals in that moment. I remember the first time we did that song, and feeling my heart beat faster and faster. It was something I had never felt. Fright and panic had racked me while on stage before, but this was different. 

"Schuyler sister's to stage," someone called out, pulling me out of my mind and back to the green room.

I sighed and stood, my uncomfortable dress falling down. "You look pretty in that."

Oaks words brought a tint of pink to my cheeks, "thanks. I'll make sure to wear it out to all the bars."

~~~

How girls spent their whole lives in this style of dress amazes me. I felt sweaty and gross by the end of the tenth time doing the same song.

I laid pretty ungracfully onto the couch, slipping off my shoes as I did so. I laughed softly to myself. Wearing a pair of sneakers and a ballgown was a bit odd. While costumes were slowing being worn more and more, I was determined not to wear heals until I was being forced to.

The only problem with not wear heals was Oak stool like a literally tree over me.

Here I was, trying my best to relax for just a moment, and there was Oak, standing above me, shaking me awake.

"What the hell do you want?" I groggily sassed.

"May I sit down?" Oak as quietly. Others had the same idea as me, so bodies laid about trying to take a nap. We were working hard to perfect everything, so breaks were happily welcome.

I sat up a bit, allowing him to sit. Once he seemed comfortable, I laid back, my head resting softly on his lap, as I wanted a pillow, but was also terrified he would be upset.

My fears disappeared when he ran his large hands though my hair.

"Hey y/n?" After some time had passed Oak asked something very softly, "would you like to go out for some drinks after practice?"

A smile graced my lips, and I let out a hum,  "no."

I could feel Oak tense up, "oh.. ok.. I'm sorry"

"I don't wanna go out for drinks. I'm far too tired for that. But maybe a movie date with lots of cuddling? We can order a pizza... maybe with pineapple.  That I would love."

Oak laughed, a sound that could never fail to make me laugh.

"Can you two please shut the fuck up?" Daveed asked for the second time that day.