Daveed x Reader

"It just fucking hurts, Daveed. When is it going to stop hurting?" His jacket was damp against my cheeks. My tears has been falling for what felt like hours, and I recently began using his chest as a cushion.

My head hurt, and everything felt too bright. The only thing that made it worse was the heartbreak. I fucking loved him so much, and he throws it all away. I felt left behind and everything I had been living was a lie.

Daveed was here for me, though. He was the first person I went to, and I poured my heart out to him, and he sat, quietly, and listen to me. He didn't speak unless I asked him something, like he was my hype man.

I had know Daveed for years, and we grew close, almost dated. And then this guy walked into my life and I fell head over heels and left Daveed behind.

Now he was here for me to pick up the prices of my heart and sew them back together. It was a slow process, and it started that night I came to his house in the pouring rain.

It felt like it had been hours but it was only a few minutes ago I rang the door bell.

~~~

My head had stopped aching, and how I just felt like my body was sore.

"You need to drink water, babe," Daveed had refilled my glass with more ice. I hadn't taken a sip, I just complained it wasn't cold enough. It was fine, I just didn't have the energy.

"Can we have a drink?" I mumbled into my pillow. He knew I didn't mean water, I wanted to get drunk out of my mind and just forget life.

I had already asked him if we could smoke, something we would always do when I was over, but hope. Daveed refused, said it wasn't good for me right now.

His stance on alcohol was the same right now.

"How about you get some water in your system," he handed me the glass,  and gave me a look, "drink some, please Y/n."

~~~

I heard his footsteps come up behind me, slower and more careful. I held a small blanket and my backpack, while he was forced to walk up the stairs with all the pillows and the blankets we had been using on the couch.

While I had tried to refuse, Daveed told me I would be spending the night. We could build a fort in my room, and watch Disney movies, like we used to. That's what he told me, what finally got me to stay.

It took a few too many minutes to get everything to stay in place. Pillows would fall, the blanket wouldn't stay where I wanted it to, but by the end, a smile crept onto my face.

~~~

"What movie? They added Hamilton to Disney if you want to relive the past," he turned around a bit, a smile on his lips. He sat on the end of the bed, while i was cuddled up within a blanket cocoon. 

Nodding, I crept up the bed a bit, trying to get a better view of the tv while the played around with the remote, trying to get our selection to play.

"It'll be odd seeing everyone on stage again," I said softly. It had been so long since our time on Broadway, and while I was still friends with everyone, my relationship with Daveed was still strong.

~~~

"AND PEGGY!" The tears that defined my night had gone away, and out came the star in me.

My side's hurt from laughing as we fucked up the verses that had become our lives.

"You are so annoying," Daveed pushed me away from his face, in a joking way.

"Yea, but I only annoy you!"

"Because I let you," I felt his arm go around me, pulling closer to him.

The energy in the room changed. Laughter and loudness were replaced by a soft whisper.

"Thank you," the words left my lips without me knowing, just falling out, "thank you for everything Daveed. Really, I couldn't have done this without you."

"Hey, i'd do anything to make you stop hurting." He closed the gap between us, our lips locking together perfectly.

That moment I shared with him felt more powerful than the last year's I spent with others.