Lin x Reader

It's 10:30 as I'm writing this so be werry of mistakes, and if you find any, please feel free to inform me

"What do you really want to be when you grow up?" The girl turned her head to look at the boy laying next to her.

He didn't look back at her, instead he remained focused on the night sky above him, "I've told you, a musician."

She sighed, "okay.. But why, Lin?"

"I don't know... maybe I'll write a musical and people will love it, and I'll get to preform it every day and night, with all my friends... and you'll be there, Y/n. That's the best part!" He looked at her now, their faces were so close she could feel his soft breath, "I want you to be there, opening night, and all the way through closing night. But not in the crowd, no... you'll be up on stage with me."

"The first part sounds nice... but I don't know about the whole me on stage bit. Maybe the crowd is-" he cut her off.

"I can be the male lead, and you can be his wife! And they will get to grow old togeather, just like you and me will! And they will have lots of children, and they will have a happy ending. Just like us." Suddenly he looked back up at the sky, his hand raised to a shooting star, following its path with his pointer finger. "I wish for all of that to come true."

She let out a soft sigh and looked up at the disappearing star, "whelp, now it must happen. You've won Lin."

"Leslie, there is literally 2 minutes till you have to be on stage, why are you not dressed?!" Lin watched as his girlfriend rushed Leslie out of the green room and into the hall leading to the dressing rooms. He lightly laughed, causing Anthony to look over at him.

"Dude your girl is soooo the Mom Friend of us all. Like, this show would fall apart without her," he pat Lin on the back before standing up, "You should marry her before it's too late."

"How did you know my plan!?" Lins voice raised an octave and he quickly stood up.

"I didn't. But you just told me!" Anthony left the room and passed Y/n on his way out.

"What did you tell him?" She inquired.

"Oh.. uhh... n-nothing..?" All of his confidence left his body and turned him into a stuttering mess. She only gave the long haired man a small confused look before wandering away to bother someone else. Spoiler alert: it was Daveed, and she wanted to pet his floof before it was confined in a pony tail for the first act.

"Now this is the part of the show were we would normally get everyone out here and do a bow, but instead, I ask that Y/n comes and joins me." Lin stood middle front of stage, speaking to the large crowd before him.

Jazzy was quick to push Y/n half way to her boyfriend, letting Y/n walk the rest if the way to him.

"What are you doing...?" She whisper yelled to him, her hand covering her mic.

All he gave her was a smile before starting up his speech, "remember that night were I made that wish to the star?" Y/n slowly nodded, "well, I meant everything that night. Everything about how I wanted to grow old with you, and have lots a kids. How we would live the lives of our characters are stage.. minus the whole affair and death thing.." the crowd laughed, "And well, the first step to that plan is, marriage."

Lin got down on one knee and pulled a small box out of his Hamilton jacket, he still wore the long black one from The World was Wide Enough. But that didn't matter now. This wasn't a sad moment.

"Will you, Y/n L/n, be my wonderful wife?" He opened the small box, showing the beautiful ring inside.

As his speech went on, your hands slowly came to cover your mouth, and now tears came from your eyes, dripping down your hands and arms to absorb into the light blue fabric of Eliza's dress. It took you a moment to speak, every passing second forced Lin's heart to beat faster.

"Y-yes... Yes! Of course I will!" You finally managed to skeak out.

The crowed cheered, people ran out from backstage, but neither of you took any notice. Lin had already slipped the ring onto your finger and pressed his lips to yours in a passion filled kiss. His hands wrapped around your waist and it was like the whole crowed disappeared. It was just the two of you, in love in each others arms