"Philip" x "Reader "

July 13, 1804. 1:27am

"Y/n..." I looked up and saw Philip in my doorway. He looked like a mess, his hair had left his pony tail holder and was falling around his face, his jacket was no where to be seen, while his stocking had fallen down to reveal part of his legs. Even in the darkness I could tell he wasn't okay. 

I sat up and leaned on my elbows, "What's wrong, dear?" When he didn't answer me I started to get up to walk to him, but he stopped me when he walked to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. 

"Philip, you are worrying me..." I moved my hands up to his neck, hanging on of them around it, while combing my hand through his hair with my other one. 

We stayed like that for a few minutes when he finally started to break down. It was quiet at first, a soft sob escaping his lips every now and then. I continued to run my hand through his hair, but I moved the other to be able to rub his shoulder. 

"Want to come lay down? We can cuddle if you want," I pull away slightly, pulling his hands off my waist as I did so. He sobbed loudly again, I hated to hear that. Still, I pulled him away and led him to my bed, his hand tightly gripping my forearm. 

I laid him down first and was going to cover him up, but he just pulled me down next to him. I sighed and pulled the duvet over us. 

Philip was quick to wrap him arms around me again, pulling me into his chest. I rested my hands against his chest, slightly annoyed that he still had his day clothes on, but this wouldn't be the time to tell him to take them off. 

We stayed resting like that before his arms started to slack and feel heavy against my waist and his breathing got heavier. It took me much longer to fall asleep, as I was far too worried about him to get my mind to calm down. 

July 13, 1804. 9am 

"Darling, why are you getting up?" I spoke to him groggily, watching as he walked over to my closet, grabbing the set of clothes he kept at my house. It was normal for him to sneak over and spend the night here, so he just brought over a set that he could switch out. Shockingly enough, he hadn't just moved in with my family. He spent most of his time here after the... incident... with his parents. I never mentioned it, and he never talked about it. Just a silence contract between us to not bring it up. 

"I want to go talk to my mother. She needs me home. I shouldn't have even come over." His voice was cold, hard like stone. It was nothing like his normal soft and sweet voice he spoke to me in normally. 

"Philip what happened last night?" He had me much more worried. I was starting to sit up when he walked back over to me, he had his new pants and leggings, but he had left his new shirt unbuttoned. He stood in front of me, between my legs so I could rest my head against his stomach while he stroked my hair. 

"My Dad and Aaron Burr had a duel up in Weehawken... " He told me slowly. 

"Is Alex in Jail?" I hoped it was true, but deep down I knew that it wasn't the truth. 

Philip knew I didn't want to ask it, he knew what I was really asking, and he kept silent. 

"Do you want me to walk with you to your house?" I asked after a few moments had passed. 

"No." The cold and hard voice had returned. He moved away from the bed, buttoning his shirt as he did so. 

When he left he didn't hug me like normal. It didn't feel like a 'see you later hug', but more of a final goodbye hug.