Hercules x Reader

Casimir pulski day by Sufjan Stevens
Sorry to everyone that had to see this without a title, past me was very tired when this was written

Goldenrod and the 4H stone
The things I brought you
When I found out you had cancer of the bone

Her favorite flower, picked from the bush by the creek. The same place where we would skip stones at midnight. The face you gave me as you begged at my window, and I would hold you as you cried.

I held you at the hospital. When the docter told you the news. I had to leave at 8, nurse told me visiting hours are over.

So I went to the creek, our happy place. And I saw the stones and the flowers that bloom in the spring, and just for a moment, it could be okay.

Your father cried on the telephone
And he drove his car into the navy yard
Just to prove that he was sorry

I had to tell him, you would cry everytime cancer was brought up. So I dialed his number and tried not to upset him.

God, he always hated me.

And you hated me when I told you he had died. I answered the phone from the docter at some other hospital, told me he drowned.

I'm shocked you could still cry.

In the morning, through the window shade
When the light pressed up against your shoulder blade
I could see what you were reading

My arms were holding you against my chest. You read your silly little guide book.

I kissed your back. And for just a moment, I thought we could be a normal couple.

All the glory that the Lord has made
And the complications you could do without
When I kissed you on the mouth

"Your lips are very chapped, Hurc." She looked back at me and smiled.

"Then help me make them unchapped?" I suggested.

I got a smile back, and that was all I needed.

She straddled me, arms around my neck and I kissed her, hot and fast, messy and full of love and passion.

I felt bad. I used to run my hands through your long hair, but now I felt smooth skin and small whisps of the hair that remained.

Tuesday night at the Bible study
We lift our hands and pray over your body
But nothing ever happens

I was never religious, but you believed and I wouldn't deny you this.

If you thought it helped, it was enough for me to pray to whatever might be out there.

I remember at Michael's house
In the living room when you kissed my neck
And I almost touched your blouse

You looked amazing in that shirt. It was just tight enough that your dad was upset, but not showing enough that your mom would be mad.

Your hair fell so perfectly, and your smile was young and perfect.

You called them pjs, but Micheal and me knew the truth.

We went downstairs to the lounge, a movie turned on, but we didn't watch. I was busy looking in your eyes, and you pet my curly hair.

"You're beautiful." I whispered.

She just kissed me, long and soft. I moved my hand to her thigh.

In the morning at the top of the stairs
When your father found out what we did that night
And you told me you were scared