Numb

My name is y/n y/l/n. I'm 23 years old. I am a singer songwriter from California. I have accomplished a lot of things in my life. I used to stay at #1 on the charts and won too many awards to count. I'm really grateful for all of my success.

But I needed a break.

After Camila left it took about over two weeks of calling, texting, everything to realize that we were through.

I realized it when she announced that she was dating some guy named Austin. I was, and part of me still is, absolutely devastated. She didn't care enough to actually break up with me. The words "we're done" never left her mouth. Nothing. She just walked out and moved on.

I even get angry sometimes because she claimed that she loved me and all it took was one stupid argument for her to just up and walk out of my life for good.

Ever since they came out in the public eye I have distanced myself from everyone. I moved from LA, to a small town where barely people know me.

"I know what it's like to have to let go of someone because they hurt you so bad that you're not the person you was".

I haven't released music in over 3 years. My manager wants me to but I just don't think I'm ready to be back in the spotlight yet.

I deleted all my social media accounts and to be honest it made me appreciate what is around me more. I look at things differently.

To be honest I don't miss LA. The only updates I get is from glancing at magazines in grocery stores. I did learn that Camila left fifth harmony but that's all I know.

I used to talk to the girls from time to time but I stopped after a while because I can't talk to them with the constant reminder of her.

Even though I haven't released any music I have written hundreds of songs throughout the years.

I write for my personal heartache and pain.

Most of the songs are about her.

I haven't seen her in this long and I'm hoping that I never do. I know that she is still with that guy. I just hope she's fucking happy.

"Hey y/n", Annie waved as I walked in the grocery store.

"Hey", I smiled.

I had a list of items that I needed in front of me. I walked through the isles as I picked up what I needed. I stopped in front of the huge refrigerator section.

I sighed and tightened my jacket around me before quickly jogging in the freezing area where they keep some of the vegetables.

After I got everything that I needed, I grabbed some candy for Isabelle.

"Did you find everything ok?", the cashier asked.

"Yea", I said smiling slightly. After she ringed me up I swiped my card and paid.

"Thank you have a nice day", the cashier waved.

"You too", I said pushing my cart towards my car.

I placed the items into the trunk and closed it. I got in the car and drove home. I managed to get all the groceries in one trip and closed the door with my foot.

I placed the bags down and started packing away the food. Once I was finished I went to take a shower.

As I looked at myself in the mirror and I have changed quite a bit just over three years physically and mentally.

My hair had grown a lot. I now have blonde highlights. I've grown a bit taller. My voice got a bit more raspy. I've put on a few pounds of muscle because I've been boxing ever since I moved here.

It just seems like a completely different person. I don't want to remember who I was, but it's hard when you constantly think about the person who's name you would hear and smile uncontrollably.

I stepped in the shower and ran my hand through my locks. I sighed as my thoughts consumed my brain.

Today would've been our 6 year anniversary.

I sobbed into my hands as I felt the familiar pang in my chest.

It's been years, how come I still feel empty inside? She didn't have a problem moving on, why can't I not have any?

I let the water wash my tears away.

I cleaned myself up and stepped out. I changed into some black jeans and a grey long sleeve shirt.

I dried my hair and put it in a messy bun. I made sure it didn't look like my eyes were red before heading downstairs.

I sat down in the couch and turned on the TV to distract myself. I opened the Netflix app and started watching my favorite show ever.

One tree hill.

I went through about four episodes when the doorbell rang.

I smiled already knowing who it is. As soon as I opened the door my legs were hugged by the cutest little girl ever.

"Aunty y/n/n", she squealed.

"Hey munchkin", I smiled picking her up. I kissed her cheek over and over making her giggle.

"How was school?", I asked.

"Good and Oohhh I painted this for you", she squealed and I put her down so she could show me.

"Hey santana", I smiled hugging her.

"Hey", she smiled hugging me. I let them into the house and sat on the couch as Isabella handed me her drawing.

"This is amazing", I said lookin at the cute painting.

She gave me a toothy grin. "This is mama, mommy, you and me", she said pointing at who was who. I smiled as I looked down at the cute toddler.

"I love it", I smiled.

"I love you Aunty y/n/n", she said happily looking up at me. "I like it when you smile", she said wrapping her tiny arms around me.

I sighed sadly as I tried to keep my emotions to myself. Santana looked at me worriedly so I just smiled slightly at her.

"You know you're my favorite person ever", I said as we pulled away. "I got you something you might like", I said immediately making her excited.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bag of her favorite candy.

Skittles.

"Thank you y/n/n", she beamed excitedly. I smiled and we walked back to the living room.

"Hey baby how can I have a moment with Aunty y/n/n for a minute?", Santana asked Isabella.

She nodded and ran off somewhere. She didn't say anything she just brought me into a much needed hug.

"I don't know what it is but I just know that you need it", she said softly. I sighed and melted in the hug.

"Today would've been our 6 year anniversary", I said barely above a whisper.

"Oh honey, it's ok", she said rubbing my back. She knew who it was right off the bat.

Santana has been here for me ever since I moved here. I actually met her wife, Brittany, first while I was walking through a nearby park.

I have grown to love the family and they basically know everything about me and I know everything about them.

I talk to them whenever I just need someone to listen. They've never let me down and I will always be there by their side too.