I Can't Fall In Love Without You

Y/N POV
"Y/n", I heard someone whisper.

I groaned and moved from them. They kept shaking me.

Wait who the hell is in the house?

I quickly moved away and saw Camila looking down at me. I rested my hand over my my heart.

This girl almost gave me a heart attack.

She apologized and I looked at her confused.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

"To check up on you", she said. "And I already know you're going to say something smart", she added as I opened my mouth to say something. And she was damn right of course I was going to say something.

"How did you get in?", I asked.

"I still have a key", she said.

"What do you want?", I asked.

"To talk", she said.

"I don't want to talk to you", I said.

"Too late we are going to", she said.

I shrugged and turned my back to her closing my eyes.

"Fine I'll wait here then", she said.

I laid there for a cool ten minutes hoping that she would leave but she didn't. I groaned and sat up.

"What?", I asked.

"Look I'm sorry", she said as I looked straight ahead instead of at her.

"For everything", she said and slowly turned my face to look at her. I clenched my jaw as the tears fell.

"Why?", I whispered.

She looked at me and I could tell she wanted me to elaborate.

"I loved you with everything I had, everything that I am", i said shaking my head.

"Did that just not mean anything to you?", I asked.

"Of course it did, I love you too, god I love you so much", she said wiping her tears.

"Then why did you leave me Camila. I am still heartbroken and it's been years since you left", I sobbed.

"To be honest at the time I thought it was the best decision", she said.

And that broke my heart all over again.

She reached down and grabbed my hand.

"But let me tell you, that was the worst decision of my life", she said.

"What?", I sniffled.

"I tried to get back in contact with you because I regretted leaving you but your phone was out of service. No one would tell me where you were because they didn't know. And Andrew wouldn't tell me", she said.

How in the hell does she expect me to respond to that.

"But you're with Austin", I said shaking my head. "Just tell me one thing", I said.

She nodded.

"Do you love him?", I asked.

"To be honest yes", she said.

I felt a deep aching pain go through my chest.

"Ok", I managed to get out.

"But not in the way that I should", she added making me look up at her.

"Did you love me?", I whispered.

"Yes", she said. "And I still do because you will always have my heart", she added.

She just broke my heart a minute ago and built it back up the next. What the hell?

"Then why are you with him?", I asked.

"Because", she sighed. "Now that I'm going to say it out loud it makes me sound like an ass", she added.

"He reminds me somewhat of you", she said not looking at me.

This changes everything.

"Did you just compare me to dorito boy?", I asked.

"Who?", she asked.

"Nothing", I said quickly.

"And I'm still with him because I know I can never have you again", she said sadly.

"Camila", I said tearing up again.

"It's true though", she said wiping her tears.

"And whoever you end up with. Even if it's that blonde chick. I want you to be happy even if it's not with me. Again I'm really sorry for hurting you so much", she said getting up.

"Why do I feel like this is goodbye?", I asked.

"This is the break up that you needed", she said.

DONT DO THIS.

"This is what you need to officially set your heart free. It's not in my hands anymore", she said crying.

"It will always be in your hands", I said as the tears flowed.

"I'm finally letting you g-", she started but I cut her off.

"Don't you dare do this", I cried out.

She closed her eyes and sighed as the tears ran down her face.

"Goodbye y/n", she said turning away.

"Please don't leave me", I cried out even surprising myself.

"Y/n please don't make this harder than it already is", she said softly.

"Please don't leave me", I repeated.

"We have both held on to this love too long. And I know you've been hurting and so have I. But at least one of us needs to end up happy and I want that to be you. No I need that to be you", she said.

"Do I not have a say in this?", I asked.

She shook her head as she looked at me with tear filled eyes.

"You don't because I'm the one that caused all this pain and I want you to be happy", she said.

"The only time I was ever happy was with you!", I yelled. "Don't you get it?", I cried. "I didn't move on because I can't. I can never fall in love with someone else. You're it for me", I cried.

She gently cupped my cheeks.

"You want to believe that", she said.

"No it's true. I love you so much Camila", I said. "You're the only person that will always have my heart. I can't move on and build a life with anyone else", I said.

"Even if I wanted you to?", she asked.

"I know you don't because I can see it in your eyes", I said. "It terrifies you that you think I can possibly love someone else but I can't", I added.

"It terrifies me but I need you to move on", she said.

"Why?", I asked.

"Because I can't hurt you anymore", she said.

"You're doing more than hurting me right now", I cried.

"Goodbye y/n", she said softly before walking away.