Only Love Can Hurt Like This

Y/N POV
I stared at them as they waited for an answer.

"I'm not sure", I said softly.

They looked sad after that and I hated that I made them feel that.

"I'm sorry, I just", I began before sighing. "I can't be here without thinking about...", I trailed off making them look at me understandingly. "And I've grown so attached to this little family", I said kissing Isabella's cheek.

She giggled cutely.

"I can't just up and leave them", I said.

"Who are you leaving?", santana asked walking in.

"Oh hey", she said seeing the girls.

They introduced themselves to each other. She sat next to Isabella as Brittany sat next to her.

"We were talking about if I stay but I don't want to leave you guys", I said.

"I mean I don't want you to leave but this is your life and we are not going to make us stop you", Brittany said.

"Agreed", santana said.

"But", I began but was cut off by santana.

"Won't allow it y/l/n", she said.

I turned to her and she gave me a look that made me know not to argue anymore with her.

"I'll think about it", I said making the girls nod.

"You guys have a beautiful family", dinah said to the family.

"Thanks", they responded smiling. We caught up for a little longer before Isabella fell asleep.

"It was great catching up with you girls", I said getting up.

"You too", they said hugging me. They hugged santana and Brittany also. I opened the door and walked down the hallway.

I wish I hadn't.

Why are they so close to my dressing room?

I saw Camila and that Austin guy talking. She looked up and saw me.

I felt chills throughout my body.

He still looks like a douche.

It was like everything was in slow motion. I didn't know what to do so I quickly looked away. I continued walking towards the car.

"That was her right?", santana asked.

I nodded still not knowing how to form words. I looked to the side and saw her taking her ear rings out.

"No", I said grabbing her hand.

"I just want to talk", she said.

"San please don't", I said tightening my grip on her hand. She looked up at me and saw that I was basically begging her not to and nodded.

As I opened the door to get back to the car we were met with bright flashes. I stepped back into the building and closed the door.

"Guys keep your head down", I said putting a hoodie over Isabella's head so she wouldnt get blinded by the lights.

I held her close to me hoping that no one would try to even touch none of them.

Luckily I didn't have to fight because some security guards quickly ran over to help us out. We got in safely and left the scene.

Once we got home I changed and they put Isabella to bed. I walked downstairs to see them there.

"Cheers to a successful night", santana said handing me a glass. I smiled and clinked our glass together.

We took a shot, me and Brittany shook our head at the strong taste.

Santana downed it like the pro she is.

She's used to it because I found out she was definitely the party type in high school, which didn't surprise me all that much.

Brittany went to sleep soon after so now it was just me and santana.

"So how do you feel seeing her?", santana asked. I loved that santana wasn't afraid to ask the questions everyone else would usually be afraid to.

"It hurts, but it's ok", I said sighing. "I'm used to it", I added. She looked at me sadly. I let out a shaky breath before putting on a smile.

"You've got to stop doing that", she said holding my hand.

"Doing what?", I asked.

"Putting on a mask, you almost got me there for a sec", she said.

I nodded.

She sat next to me and pulled me into her.

"I guess I didn't realize how much I missed her", I said. "I thought that maybe I would come back and maybe not see her. Then there's this other part of me that wanted to see her. Then there's this part of me that was hoping she wasn't the same girl that I fell in love with so that I could finally move on", I said as a few tears fell. "But it's so hard", I sobbed out.

"Sweetie", santana cooed as she hugged me comfortingly. "Things will fall in place how it should", she said.

I calmed down after a few minutes.

She pulled back and looked me in the eye. I could see that she was also crying. She reached down and grabbed my hand.

"You are staying here", she said. "And before you protest. I can tell that you miss it", she said.

"I don't want to leave you guys. You guys are my family", I said.

"Yes, and being your family I want what's best for you. I want", she said wiping her tears. "I want you to use this pain, use it and strive. You're going to be the best singer ever, you are a legend y/n y/l/n. The girls were right, three years has been a long time. I don't want to let you go but this is what you were born to do. Make us proud", she added.

I hugged her tightly.

"But don't stop me if I try to cut a bitch", she said making me laugh through the tears.

"I love you guys so much", I chuckled out.

"We love you too rockstar", she said.