Giving Up?

Baby's POV

5 years! It's been 5 years since Ballora went missing! For five years, I've been alone. I haven't started dating anyone else since Ballora went missing. I just can't. Ballora is the one I truly love! No one can replace her. Fred, Vixen, Ennard, my parents, even Ballora's parents gave up on the search of Ballora. But I haven't! I know she's still trying to come back. I can feel it in my heart. And I will wait for her until she does come back. Today it's a rainy day, and a day that I'll never forget. Today is the day when I last saw Ballora. Right now, I'm in my own home, on my couch, thinking about Ballora. I remember that last words we said to each other. They were, 'I love you'. I miss Ballora so much! I haven't forgot how Ballora used to look like, and how she is. Her cute blue hair. Her gorgeous magenta eyes. The way she dances beautifully. Everything about her is perfect. I have my necklace that I got for both me and Ballora, in ny hands, holding it tight. It's one of the few thinvs that reminds me of her. I'm pretty sure that she have her necklace because the last time I saw her, she was wearing it. I just hope she still have it. After a few minutes of silent, I heard a knock a my door. I walked to the door and opened it. In front of it were Fred, Vixen, and Ennard with concered faces on them. "Hi guys, come in." I said in a low voice. They came in and I closed the door, and faced them. "Why are you guys here?" "Baby, we're here to talk about Ballora." Fred said. "Baby, it's been five years since she disappeared. I think it's time for you to give up on Ballora." Vixen said. I then made my hands into fists forms. "No!! I'm never giving up on Ballora!! I kniw she's coming back any day now!" "If she is coming back, there's a chance that she forgot about you." Ennard said. "Don't....ever....say that!!! She will never forget me!! I know it!! You guys are making me angry now!!" "Baby, you have to face it. Ballora's gone." "NO SHE'S NOT!!!! You don't get it!! You guys don't even feel what I'm going through now!! And don't say you do, because I know you don't! Ennard, you have a girlfriend, that means you have someone! And Fred and Vixen, you two are married!! I'm all alone, waiting for Ballora to come back, which I know she is!!" "Calm down, Baby. How about this. You decide for yourself. You decide if you want to want to still wait and look for Ballora, or finally give up on her. If you decide to still wait for her, we'll leave and respect your decision. But, if you decide to give up on Ballora, put all of the things that remind you of her in a box, and give it to us. We'll be outside on your porch. Come to us if you decide." Vixen said. "A-Alright." They all then went outside, and closed the door. I sat on my couch, and began to think. This is really simple for me to answer, but at the same time, it's hard. I still want to wait for Ballora, but what if they said is true? What if Ballora really is gone? I'm 23 now, and I'm still alone. I decided to put on a song a sing along to it. Singing always makes me think better, and sometimes calms me down. I put on a song that reminds me of this situation.

You were the shadow to my light
Did you feel us

Another start
You fade away

Afraid our aim is out of sight
Wanna see us

Alive

Where are you now
Where are you now

Where are you now

Was it all in my fantasy
Where are you now

Were you only imaginary

Where are you now

Atlantis

Under the sea
Under the sea

Where are you now

Another dream
The monsters running wild inside of me

I'm faded

I'm faded

So lost
I'm faded

I'm faded

So lost
I'm faded

These shallow waters never met
What I needed

I'm letting go
A deeper dive

Eternal silence of the sea
I'm breathing

Alive

Where are you now
Where are you now

Under the bright
But faded lights

You've set my heart on fire

Where are you now
Where are you now

(Vocal part)

Where are you now

Atlantis

Under the sea
Under the sea

Where are you now

Another dream
The monsters running wild inside of me

I'm faded

I'm faded

So lost
I'm faded

I'm faded

So lost
I'm faded

The song ended, and I stopped singing. I haded tears coming down my face. After a few minutes of crying, I knew what to do. I went to my room, and went to my closet to find an empty box. I found one, and I gathered all the things that rdmind me of Ballora. All of the gifts she got me, pictures, photos, notes, and I put it all in the box. I even put my necklace in there as well. It's not like I'm going to need it anyway. The other half if the heart will always be missing. I closed the box, and went outside. When others noticed me, they saw the box in my hand. Vixen then nodded at me. "It's the right thing to do, Baby." Vixen said. She walked up to me, and put her hands on the box. She tried to take it, but I didn't let her. She kept tugging on it, trying to pull it away from me. But every time she did, my grip got tighter. "Baby, let go of the box." "NO!!!" I then took the box out of Vixen's hands, and went back inside. I sat on my couch, taking everything out of the box. I even put my necklace back on. Then Fred, Vixen, Ennard came in and closed the door. "Baby, you have to give us the stuff." Fred said. "No!! I've made up my mind! I decided to still wait for Ballora, and to keep everything that reminds me of her! You will never make me forget about Ballora, EVER!!!" Then, I started to hear slow knocks coming from the door. Then on the final knock, I heard something fell outside on the ground. I opened the door, and there was nothing there. Then I looked down, and I saw a woman in ragged shorts, and hoodie on, and wearing sunglasses. And she's unconscious I went down, and tried to bring her inside. "Guys, help me with her." I can't really bring her in myself. I'm not that strong. Fred and Ennard helped me lift her up, and we carried her to the guest bedroom. We lied her down on the bed, and I put a blanket over her. "Poor thing, being out there, on a rainy day like this." Ennard said. "I know. I feel bad for her." Fred said. "Come on guys, let's leave her alone." We left the room, and I closed the door behind us. "I think you guys should go now. I would like to be alone for the rest of the day." "Are you sure, Baby?" Ennard said. "Yes. And I've offically made my decision. I'm still going to wait, and find Ballora." "What are you going to do with that woman you brought in?" "I'll take care of her, until she wants to leave. Can you guys please leave?" "Ok, we'll leave Baby. And Baby, if Ballora is alive, I really do hope that Ballora will come home." Vixen said. "Thanks Vixen." They all walked out the door, and drove away. Then I put away all the things thag reminds me if Ballora, and continued through out the rest of the day.