05| E M E R G I N G

———————————
Eradicate
Chapter Five
———————————

Harper's face filters into my wavering blur of a vision, I know she's screaming telling me everything's going to be okay

Harper's face filters into my wavering blur of a vision, I know she's screaming telling me everything's going to be okay. I just can't hear her. Painfully I smile up at her. Another shot whizzing past hits the box television, punching my dads pride and joy. The silent tears flow down my face, my father, my sweet father. I've always cared for you, I promise.

"Elora come on, get up!" Harper screams at me pulling my limp body.

Tears visibly stream down my older sisters face as I mouth 'I love you'. I hate that the last words we spoke were hurtful. I love her with all my heart, she's family. I don't want to leave her to care for my poor weakening father all by herself. I am nothing now, I feel like nothing but deadweight. I'm drowning in my own tears, my own blood.

Dragging my body towards the bunker, Harper's arms wrap securely around me, feeling a warmth travel down my arm. My head lols to the side, the weight of holding it up becoming too much, that's when I see red. Crimson streaming down, dripping onto the floor below. Blood drawn by the sadistic boy with green orbs displaying 'murder her'.

The piercing sound of gun fire seems to be the only thing I can decipher. Shot after shot fires as I squeeze my eyes shut, forcing the tears to stop spilling down my cool face. Harper rapidly fires unknown shots, hoping to hit him. I thought she was slowly turning into him, but I was wrong. Maybe she was slowly spiralling towards his fate and my death will be the last straw. The boy with emerald green eyes and a mind of a psycho.

He seemed so intent, no hesitation to end my life. I don't even know his name, I haven't spoken a word to him. Why would he want to end my life? His dark eyebrows drawn together paired with a smirk forever etches itself into my mind, and yet I want to know more about this boy and how his mind works. My time however was running out, tick tock. Yet so many unanswered questions were to be unraveled I believe.

My body seems to float down the stairs being held up, the cool sensation of Harpers gun presses against my arm cooling my body down even further. She should've just left me, I know it will break her having to look after both dad and I. I can't help her anymore, she's already changed and I don't want her to feel the need to protect us like that. Taking peoples lives away. While I feel my life now slipping away from my icy finger tips.

Swiftly dropping down onto the rock hard couch, my head rolls to the side watching my sisters frantic moves. Shuffling around pulling wooden draws onto the floor, bandages flying about everywhere. She can only prolonged my death, we don't have the medical care here that I need to survive. We didn't plan for something as drastic as this, we thought death would consume us in an instant.