26| Z E S T I N G

———————————
Eradicate
Chapter Twenty-six
———————————

The rumbling of a car stirs my sleep as I groan rolling around in the sheets

The rumbling of a car stirs my sleep as I groan rolling around in the sheets. I lay on my back yawning as I rub my eyes quite aggressively, annoyed at the fact that I was awoken. It was the best nights sleep I've had in a long time. I jolt up finally realising exactly what happened last night. An instant blush forms on my cheeks.

Unwrapping myself from the blankets I peak outside the window. There, in all his glory, Harry stands leaning against his Jeep with a cigarette in hand. A small smile gracious my lips. I slump against the wall out of sight from Harry, I was seriously on cloud nine.

Composing myself I begin to make my way through the house and towards Harry. Once I'm out the front door I peer down at my feet as my cheeks heat up. I'm totally embarrassed, and thought what reason?

"Good Morning Love," Harry smiles as stomps on his cigarette.

"Morning Harry," I say looking up at him through my lashes. Harry instantly embraces me in a hug and all my nervousness disappears.

"Let's go find your father."

I smile looking up to him as he gives my forehead a quick kiss. He sadly lets me go as we hop into the car once again on another journey. Pulling away from the house I lean my head against the window looking into the side mirror. The old wooden house gets smaller and smaller till is disappears from my sight. I sigh knowing all the memories the house must hold for Harry, the good and the bad.

Leaves and old newspapers fly across the deserted roads, newspapers that would've been about the start of this very Eradication I'm stuck in now. It was a never ending nightmare yet some, some luck I was saved by Harry, or did I save him? Looking at him I could tell he was tense, his knuckles white on the steering, eyes darting around for an potential danger. We were so close to end of all this and we couldn't risk one wrong move.

Flickering my eyes back onto the road I instantly regret it, a pile of dead body is piled up and lit alight people drinking and cheering. Some were adding fuel to the flames with alcohol. They didn't even bother turning their heads to look at our vehicle passing by, seems they were in it for revenge. A chill instantly runs up my spine knowing revenge may be the death of me.

"Harry, what are we going to do after all of this?" I quietly ask wanting to fill the silence.

"First we need to get out of this alive."

"We will, but what will happen between us?" I slowly say.

"What do you mean?" Harry says seeming confused.