17| Q U I V E R I N G

———————————
Eradicate
Chapter Seventeen
———————————

It seems the cool rain has washed away all the tears that were bottled inside me

It seems the cool rain has washed away all the tears that were bottled inside me. I'm empty, the tears which have flooded my heated cheeks could've been enough for just one year. I'm beyond annoyed. At myself or Harry, or this whole situation I have been dragged into, the answer I was unsure of. The bellowing storm cloud hangs low on my slouching shoulders. A dark cloud strung with cruel words suffocating my being.

Weak.

Weaker.

The weakest.

Warm water currently cascades over my sickly thin body evidently from the lack of food and sleep. Feeling ill was an understatement, I feel like a walking corpse wandering around this Eradication with a will to survive. However, I already feel dead inside... just a tad. These emotions I had for Harry, my eradicator, my kidnapper was starting to become infuriating. Does he feel the same way? My body was tormented just by being close to him and his dark smirk. He never smiles.

Stepping out of the glass encased contraption I dearly missed, the black clothes catch my eye on the bathroom countertop. Dark jeans and a similar dark jacket was
paired with a grey shirt underneath. Shrugging the clothes on my dry body I didn't have a clue at what I would be encountering. I knew something big was happening and I'm involved in these sinister plans. Deep down I hope Harry will be by my side even though our last conversation didn't go as planned. He didn't look angry at me, only there was pity painted in his green eyes.

"Elora!" Loud pounding on the wooden door sounds, my eyes darting for the handle. "We're about to have a meeting and you're required to attend. So, hurry up love."

Instantly I knew who it was behind the wooden barricade. Harry. His words were already hypnotising me and it didn't matter how much we argued this morning because his beautiful accent has me crawling back into the lullaby. It seems my chess games with Harper were exchanged to get me through the Eradication. It was him now. I can't help but be torn whether I like the idea or not. Harry could indeed be my new lullaby. Then again he could be the one change that with a click of a finger.

Swinging the door open, I will myself to cover up my emotions yet they come crumbling as soon as I meet lips pulled into a smirk and emeralds shining from the bathroom light. Quickly flicking the warm light off I try to diminish the fire in his eyes and my stomach for that matter.

"Come on, we're already late," he says with a small smile, pushing off the doorframe.

"What's exactly happening Harry?" I question him wondering what mood he's currently in.