16| P E P P E R I N G

———————————
Eradicate
Chapter Sixteen
———————————

The slither of sunlight twinkles and dances on my fingers which are splayed out on the grey pillow my head rests on

The slither of sunlight twinkles and dances on my fingers which are splayed out on the grey pillow my head rests on. My eyes crinkle from the harsh intrusion, yet a heavier intrusion is more alarming. A warm inked arm seems to curl around my waist causing any previous thoughts to move my aching limbs to halt. My breathing became laboured as my mind buzzes with dark thoughts. Curses!

Slowly tilting my head with squinted green eyes due to the light, I brush my hair away which obstructs my hazy vision. I couldn't help my wide eyes from the sinning sight of Harry's bare back and a mop of curly hair right before me. I couldn't grasp what I was feeling yet the majority of the emotions was pure and utter shock. Harry was... cuddling me?

Letting out a breath of cool air, I didn't know I was holding, Harry's eyebrows slowly draw in together causing a cute frown to appear. His long dark eyelashes begin to flutter as I realise he's slowly waking up and I couldn't help but think how adorable he looks in this state. Quickly snuggling my head into the pillow I try my hardest to even out my breathing.

Suddenly Harry's arm flings off my body as if I was a burning flame melting him. Clenching my jaw and eyes shut, a huff of warm air wafts against my ear causing me to scrunch my shoulder up towards my offended ear. Hoping he doesn't realise I'm awake the sheets ruffle around as I wonder what he's exactly doing.

"Shit!" A curse leaves his plump lips with a loud mumble.

The floor boards creak under Harry's weight as he shuffles around the room hopefully chucking on a t-shirt so I can actually concentrate around him. His innocently tattooed inked body was indeed a dark sin, he was almost purposely contrasting himself with beautiful lighthearted tattoos.

My eyes flutter open as the sheets are slowly dragged off my body stopping at my waistline. When did I get under the covers? Yet distracting me from my thought is Harry's devilish smile gracing his pink lips and emerald eyes which seem so sleepy, he resembles just an innocent little boy with ruffled brown curly hair.

"I knew you were awake Elora," he gruffly drawls out sitting on the edge of the bed with his back towards me.

Quickly crawling up to lean against the bed head I rub my eyes almost trying to prove to him that I actually just woke up. I was embarrassed and there was no reason for it as heat crept up onto my cheeks. The embarrassment was because I was sleeping in his bed but I couldn't admit that, not even to myself.

"I actually did just wake up Harry," I sigh.

"Harold," he grits out. "And take your damn shoes off my bed. It's like your asking for trouble," he says standing up and shaking his head.

Quickly hanging my feet off the bed I realise I've once again hit a nerve and it's completely my fault knowing he hates me calling him by his nickname. Harry. Yet last time he didn't even flinch. What's different now? I feel like we've back tracked yet again and all we did was sleep during that period of time. Forever changing mood swings must float around Harry. Maybe it's cause of our conflicting position he awoke to?