11| K I L L I N G

———————————
Eradicate
Chapter Eleven
———————————

In the Jeep watching the streets flitter by always empty and eerily quiet, I didn't understand where everyone went

In the Jeep watching the streets flitter by always empty and eerily quiet, I didn't understand where everyone went. I know it's a small town but where is everyone? It was like a ghost town indeed, the sunlight was a warm welcome. The car consisted of silence, not even a CD was playing which there were plenty stacked on the floor near my feet. The silence was deafening.

I thought I was beginning to lose my mind already. I believe I lost it when I decided to pick up his gun my inner self kicked in.

It was constant fear now added upon the hundreds I already harvest. I knew this Eradication would be different due to the extension, however not at all like this. As soon as my mind visualises all the events leading up to this moment I begin to feel queasy. My stomach starts to swirl as I lean my head against the window frame from the wizzing thoughts.

"Don't you dare ruin my car with your stomach fluids!" The ruff voice growls as I flinch.

Turning around Harold leans over the console grabbing the backpack and unzips it all with one hand on the wheel. Emerald eyes locking ahead focusing on the road.

A packet of chips are thrown on my lap causing me to sit up properly and eye the flavouring with a raised eye brow.

"Eat," is all he mumbles simultaneously hitting the accelerator pedal harder as we begin picking up speed.

My eyes enlarge as I start watching the streets blur past hurriedly. I start to whirl again. Ripping the bag open I munch on the chips ensuring I don't make a mess on his leather interior.

A gun shot is heard causing the car to swerve, ducking down quickly with a scream my hands latch over my pounding ears. From complete silence to a single bullet piercing the warm air it was definitely startling.

"Fucking Hell!" Harold booms gripping the wheel tighter with white knuckles, his accent seemingly popping out.

More bullets hail over us. I peer in the side mirror my green eyes wide noticing another car revealing it's self while barrelling towards Harold's shiny black vehicle.

My heart quickens as I discard my half eaten packet on the floor as Harold's harsh eyes dart to my actions. He glares at me as my lip trembles uncontrollably. His eyes become masked and anger is all I see swirling in their depths.

"Shoot them down will you?" Harold sneers at me swerving the car to miss yet another raging silver bullet.

"With what exactly?" I shakily say staring at him with wide terrified eyes. "You can't expect me to kill someone!"

"Oh I do expect you to kill them, don't act innocent Elora!" He growls looking in the rear mirror.

The way he said my first name has me swirling again. I think I'm going to puke. A bullet shatters the back window as Harold sighs angrily. Clipping my seat belt off I slide down onto the passenger seat flooring not wanting to get hit by a bullet.

"Use the gun you fucking have hidden in your waist band! Otherwise I'll use it to shoot you!" He growls narrowing his eyes down at my little form.

Shaking my head tears stream down making me feel weak and useless, this isn't the life I wanted or expected. The car skids to the right turning down a street which seems to forever go straight. That's when I swing my head to Harold who's now leaning his head through the middle console of the car and firing back with a grimace. He's suicidal believing he can't get shot.

Fearing for our lives I sit up a bit peering over the dashboard. The blurry scene before me, due to my salty tears, has me elicit a gasp. An eradicator standing in the middle of the road about to shoot my dangerously beautiful kidnapper.

"Watch out!" I scream shifting over and yanking the steering wheel.

Harold stumbles over and ends up back in his seat my face inches away from his. Dark emerald eyes pierce mine as his breath fans my face delicately. Suddenly his eyes turn into a raging storming with his plump lips forming into a straight line. With a strong shove my bum lands onto the passenger leather seat. My back aches as his hands connects with the wheel yet again. His eyes seem to soften seeing my tear stricken face yet seconds later his switch seems to click back.

"I killed them since you are so incapable! Now give me my damn pistol back Elora!"

Quickly snatching up the weapon I begin to slowly hand it over as a hand clamps onto my wrist over the middle console.

"Don't you ever steal from me again nor my father for that matter. You'll be dead sooner than you think if you also keep up this innocent act." Harold says clenching his jaw.

—§—

Arriving at an old run down warehouse wasn't on my bucket list. Suddenly Harold hits the breaks causing my body to launch forward wide eyed. Spooky was a good description. The clouds begin to empty, pouring rain hitting the road causing mist to appear on the hot black road. Vines entangle upon the rusted metal archway leading towards the three story warehouse with ragged edge curtains covering the broken windows. It was unowned and unmanaged. The mood, eerie.

Harold jumps out the car swinging the door close with a bang. Two guys dressed in all black seeming to guard the archway of vines. Nodding Harold points in my direction as the other two laugh with the shake of their head. With a whistle from one of the dark guards my eradicator starts jogging back to the metal vehicle I'm enclosed in.

Quietly the car is put into motion heading towards the side of the warehouse long green grass reaching the top of the vehicles tires. I was amazed at the overgrowth yet my stomach was twisting at what is hidden inside the large metal construction.

"You see Miss Delaney, this," he says nodding his head towards the warehouse, "this is where you will meet the devil and enter Hell taking your last breath."

Screeching sounds pulling my ears away from the crazed man beside me. The Guards open the rusty garage door as a car comes in view parked with a slim women's hand holding a cigarette limply. Turning my eyes away from the scene due to shock I already note that she is deceased and surely I'll take her spot too. Overwhelmed by all the thoughts and visions appearing before me in real life, I don't take notice of the Jeep slowly parking inside the garage beside the women's frail looking arm. She's been dead for a while.

"Enjoy your last breath," he chuckles with no emotion.

——————————

I almost ran over a bird today, I might have shed a tear shhh! Also sorry about the chapter, I've had 5 hours sleep and I'm running on lemon juice. It's actually tasty, you should totally try it!

T H O U G H T S ?

L I K E C O M M E N T A N D S H A R E

C W X X