22| V O I C I N G

———————————
Eradicate
Chapter Twenty-two
———————————

Sleepless nights are now a constant, not out of the ordinary

Sleepless nights are now a constant, not out of the ordinary. I couldn't even count how many I've had let alone what day it truly is. How many days left of this Eradication? Time was just an illusion within this 'celebration' it was a paradox. Stuck in an entirely new word full of havoc and chaos. Thoughts as such plague my dreams... my nightmares.

The only nightmare that haunted me was Harper's pale face. Her body contorted in a position only a doll could achieve. Limbs extended, limbs snapped and limbs swollen. She was behind repair even is she was a doll. Couldn't this world show kindness? I know I could show forgiveness yet not everyone deserves it.

Shuffling memories of Harper at her worst and best were all I could vision. Harry's comfort the last straw I was clutching onto to not dive headfirst into the darkness that whispers my name. My tears are wiped away with soft fingertips, hiccups of pain hushed with a soft voice and my small trembling body is held with soft hands. Harry was the softness this world needed, but I selfishly wanted him all to myself.

A peppering of kisses forces me to stir slightly my nose scrunches at the small intrusion. I was too sleepy, yet the soft voice of his causes a tiny smile to spread on my face and I completely relax into the protective grasp he has of me. Tucked away in his arms my knotted hair is pushed away from my eyes as they blink open to see his soft lips inching closer. Blinking my orbs shut a soft pair of lips meet mine.

Harry's gentle grip stirs me awake as his plump lips mould against mine. My back arches as I'm rolled over to face the ceiling, his body hovering over mine. His hands support himself while I gasp a needy breath of air, slowly wet kisses litter down my jaw continuing towards my neck.

"Harry," I lightly gasp as he focuses on a bit of skin above my collarbone.

Gripping the back of his curls I feel his lips smile against me, his face finally appearing before more. A little goofy smirk adorning his features causing me to giggle quietly turning my head in embarrassment. Softly Harry places his thumb on my bottom lip pulling it downwards my teeth instantly letting go from biting my pink lip. Harry groans shaking his head seeming to be torn, the action causing his array of curls to flop into his eyes. Smiling lightly he stares into my confused green eyes.

"Good morning," he simply rasps out.

"Morning Harry," I laugh lightly.

The weight of his body is already missed as he gets up to stretch his surely sore limbs. Rolling over in the bed my face contorts as I see no light through the crack of the curtains.