06| F R A C T U R I N G

———————————
Eradicate
Chapter Six
———————————

Dust and butterflies create a disturbance within my being

Dust and butterflies create a disturbance within my being. The constant sneezing causes my wound to spread with a fire of pain in its trail. Yet the butterflies in my stomach create my senses to all but focus on the need to empty my stomach. The soft whispers sounding from my dad's room has me tilting my head in the direction.

Harper walks out with an empty bowl in hand from the bedroom with a sigh closing the door shut. Locking our eyes we just stare, each one of us too stubborn to let the other do what they think is so called right. Peering over at her, she quietly makes her way to the tiny silver sink. I have to say something, anything.

"You're being ridiculous you know? Actually, maybe idiotic is the word," I mumble the last part.

"Elora you should know by now that I have the last say and every decision we make. Not just because I'm older but because mum left me in charge." She replies eyebrows drawn together daring me to bite back.

"Oh right, 'decisions we make' because you know it's always you having the final say. The pain has subsided anyways, so stay. With me and with dad."

Angrily yanking the cupboard door open, Harper all but practically throws the bowl in its resting position. Her deadly brown eyes killing me with that stare... it's too familiar causing me to squirm.

"I'm leaving and that's final. I'm doing this for you Elora since you let yourself get shot by that eradicator!"

Scoffing I cross my hands regretting it immediately yet I hide the grimace, "my fault? You let Dottie escape and I'll never see her again!" I cry tears falling down helplessly. "She's probably dead and it's you her caused that!"

Dottie was my pride and joy as I remember receiving her as an emotional support animal when I was only twelve. My parents thought it was a great idea and thanked them for bringing light to my life yet again. I was excited to have something to look after and care for while Dottie provided it back.

Hiccups rock my body as I lay in the pool of my tears due to the loss of my little pet dog. My fingers tingle as my body slowly becomes numb with the rumbling of an empty stomach acid was threading to come up.

"You're being pathetic Elora," She mumbles squatting down in front of me.

Grabbing ahold of my shoulders Harper plops me up into a seating position as I rest my head on the back of the disgusting couch smothered in dust. Before I can retort something back a spoon full on chicken and vegetables is shoved in my mouth causing me to grab the metal spoon and yank it out with a glare.