15| O P P R E S S I N G

———————————
Eradicate
Chapter Fifteen
———————————

The vicious expressions painted on those around me sent my vision into a blur

The vicious expressions painted on those around me sent my vision into a blur. Their hate for my being was clouded in their eyes scattered around with the want and need for bloodlust. My heart seems to thump louder and louder as I can almost feel the blood draining from my body. My skin turns sickly pale and my hands begin shaking feeling the loss of life pumping through my veins.

The blood thirsty bees swarm around as one big hive as my eyes dart from one masked face to another. My lips begins quivering not wanting to feel the pain I'm about to endure from someone like me physically. Yet emotionally I believe these people are perhaps not living the reality the rest of us humans live. They're living the governments reality and conforming to their sick and twisted laws. Dark thoughts have invaded their mind taking over the warmth which once settled there.

As claustrophobia takes over I begin to frantically search for the one person I have a slither of trust for. My heart clenches as I meet his crumpled face shinning in despair. Seeming to take off his mask as an eradicator and meeting me in reality. The tears don't fall as I lock onto his pools of emeralds, sparkling and for once dancing with emotions. Almost too many it's overwhelming as they seem to have built up over the time I've known him. Harry has finally broken down a wall letting me in.

A large and ruff hand grasps my arm yanking me to shaky feet my heart clenching in agony. The pain felt physically from his touch combines with the loss of finally getting to know Harry for who he truly is behind the mask. He's only just let me in but it's all too late.

"Stop!" A loud voice yells silencing the tormentors echoing laughs. "Elora would be useful for us to win one of the Eradication nights. Would she not?"

Mason, Harry's father seems to think across the words spoken from the one who lost his mask. Harry. Casting my eyes downwards I couldn't keep my sight from the lifeless body, a frown coating my face. She's dead because of me. Anger fills me up inside. Not directed towards Harry, but his father. It was nearly me killing a young girl around my exact age, I knew if I murdered someone I wouldn't be able to handle myself. Harry did me a favour whether he knew it deep down, I don't know.

He's already shown he has no remorse for killing a soul. But, when will all of those lives taken build up too high and break down the many walls inside him? Everyone has a breaking point.

Suddenly Mason speaks, "alright! The girl will stay alive until further notice for our own benefit. I want half of you to form kill counts for tonight and if we do not win, there will be consequences! The rest of you keep guard, no breaks allowed. That's all, now sort it out amongst yourselves!"

"You won't regret this. We'll surely win a night or even two," Harry speaks confidently despite his fathers harsh glare.

"I better not regret this or you'll be the one to blame. You'll be assessing her skills and keeping an eye on her. It was your damn original decision so you will be the one to carry that dog around with you, yeah?"