09| I G N I T I N G

———————————
Eradicate
Chapter Nine
———————————

The rumbling of the engine only causes my nervousness to increase

The rumbling of the engine only causes my nervousness to increase. It seems I can not settle down the bee hive in my stomach. It was becoming painfully awkward and I never know his true motives. Distinguishing between when he'll either crudely joke around or bombard me with anger filled words. He was a mess, yet deep down so was I.

It's completely and utterly silent compared to the moments before hand. Harold had yanked me up by my sore arm causing a scream to immediately fill the hillside I was trying to travel down. It was within an instant I was captured. Leaves and twigs had managed to intertwine themselves within my bird nest of brown waves. I was dragged harshly back to the the black Jeep. Dark promises filled with profanities were thrown into my face out of his plump lips screwed in a deep frown. He was indeed furiously pissed at me.

Thrown into the mental machine much like a rag doll, he slammed the door shut as I wondered how the glass window didn't shatter. Much like my crumbling heart in that exact moment. He hit the accelerator with pure anger written all over his face.

Now, as I presently sit in the leather seat I slowly cast my green eyes towards the terrifying eradicator. The street lights further my nervousness around him with shadows painting him even more sinister than he already was. It completely matched his equally dark hair and soul. Contrasting however were his white knuckles taunt around the steering wheel. Every light pole we past illuminates specially on his hands constricting the wheel causing me to gulp in fear.

"Want to stop for a feast Miss Delaney?" Harold suddenly smiles practically mimicking the Cheshire Cat.

As soon as those cryptic words leave his plump lips my stomach growls with utter discomfort. Churning inside we're now waves swishing back and forth washing away the bees. Around and around like a whirl pool combined with the whirl pool of emotions pumping through my veins. When is he going to murder me and not just my heart this time?

"I take that as a yes," he chuckles grinning.

Hitting the gas pedal harder to the floor my body is thrown back into the leather seat, nails digging into the soft material surely leaving marks. With a jolt to the left the Jeep swerves drastically as death wafts through the crisp air-conditioned atmosphere. Shutting my eyes tightly not wanting to see the immediate end I believe I'll be facing.

Screeching tires and the smell of burning rubber cause my stiff body to jolt forward towards the window screen yet the black seat belt of sanity ties me in a safe position. A loud chuckling beside has my terrified eyes now shooting towards the crazy and dangerous driver of the out of control vehicle. Stupid Harold.