08| H U R T I N G

———————————
Eradicate
Chapter Eight
———————————

A slight cool breeze causes my soft brown hair to cover my eyesight darkness

A slight cool breeze causes my soft brown hair to cover my eyesight darkness. Yet I'm grateful for the disturbance sealing my vision away from the dazzling eradicator named Harold. Shifting my sore gaze to the side a deep breath of dense air pushes its way down into my burning lungs. A slumped body lays within the supermarket aisles.

"Well do I get the pleasure of knowing your last name?" He snickers with a sweet laugh pulling my sights away from the scene he created.

"Delaney," I breathlessly say.

His eyes before me turn a darker shade of emerald green combined with his ridged posture. Fear washes over me coating my outer being with the senseless torture I'm sure he'll cause and I'll endure.

Like a flash of blinding light his silver weapon, a gun, is tucked into his waistline. Grasping my brown hair harshly a shriek escapes my lips, I'm forced to drag my feet towards him to minimise the radiating pain. My kidnappers heavy breathing fans my face and I'm certain my heartbeat could be heard.

"I should kill you, right here!" Harold growls in my face.

Salty warm tears stream down like winding rivers coating my cool cheeks. My body uncontrollably wracks from the need for air due to my endless supply of weakness. Tears are my weakness, everyone's weakness. Crying shows how much you lack and your fragility my mother taught and I'm the weakest of them all.

My body becomes limp in his grasp trying to be as little as I can. I am after all weak and useless. A deer caught in the predators mouth. His strong grasp never gives way as the burning sensations on my wound and scalp increase by ten folds. It feels as though lava pours over particular areas of pain on my body. Vision now blurry with tears I'm disoriented.

Suddenly Harold shoves my small form away from him and gladly out of his life threatening hold. His curly dark brown hair is grasped into his firm hands, feet stomping while pacing around the dark eerie streets. Back and forth, back and forth.

I begin to sway in a similar motion, back and forth as I realise the poison in my system is now consuming the majority of my blood stream. A whimper of pain and discomfort escapes my cracked lips. Quickly tumbling down to the cold hard flooring with a thud. My hands barely protecting the side of my face from a harsh sudden impact.

Peering up with lazy light green eyes at the dangerous beauty above my form, his hard eyes never leave my tear stricken face. Step by step he tauntingly comes closer. Rough strong hands clasp over my whimpering mouth forcing it open. My own tears certainly flowing over his hands showing the pain he has happily caused me.