Chapter 1. Going Home

I had just made it on to my flight. I spent the month with my dad and his girlfriend Anna. Believe it or not I like Anna. She's not what I expected, she's really nice and a lot of fun. I'm glad they have each other.

The four of us went camping, hiking, and a lot of swimming. She has a kid a couple years younger than me. Andrew is eleven and a complete joker. We exchanged numbers as soon as I met him and we became partners in crime.

It was really nice having my dad actually around and not avoiding the house. Im glad Anna is making him happy! My relationship with my father has grown stronger and I feel like my family is getting bigger. It's amazing how just meeting the right person can change your whole outlook on life and make you a better person. For the first time in a long time I'm happy that my father is finally happy.

I miss my mom a lot and can't wait to get home. She told me on the phone to keep an open mind about some new changes. Anything that makes her happy, I'm all for it. My father was not the right person for her. I think at one time they clicked but it just wasn't enough. Amazing how how everything just feels good for my parents.

So I'm sitting on the plane and heading home. At least it's a window seat. I have my earbuds in and listening to Bruno Mars. He's one of my favorite singers. He's so sexy. I can definitely go all fan girl on him.

The guy next to me smell's so bad, I'm trying to ignore it. There's not much to do on a plane. I got up and walked to the back of the plane to use the bathroom. I start wondering which way the water will go when I flush. Seriously I'm that bored. That and I don't want to go back to my seat yet. There's not a lot of room in here. So tiny.

I get out and walk slowly back to my seat.There is a guy my age sitting back there with his family. I smile at him as I go to pass him. He smiles back to me and I start to wonder if I know him. My school is quite big and I don't know everyone.

"Hey.. You want to sit with me?" He asks still smiling at me. I looked at him and then back to my seat. Not a hard decision here. I nod to him and grab my stuff real quick before he changes his mind. I'm glad to say bye to my seat mate and hello to the new guy.

"I'm Tyler " he says when I get back to him. Im so relieved to have someone to talk to.

"Lani" I tell him with a smile. I take the seat next to him and I set my stuff down. He pulls his iPad out and starts going thru his Facebook.

"Lani what's your last name?" Tyler asks as I get comfortable. I grab his iPad, type in my name and my Facebook page pops up. I hit the friend request. Turns out we have ten mutual friends and I start getting a little nosy. We start having the regular starter conversations. What high school we go to, who we were visiting in New York, and a game of twenty questions. Even naming stuff about our mutual friends.

Turns out he's on the basketball and soccer team. He bets me that he can hit the stinky guy that I was sitting next to with peanuts. Of course I have to take that bet and pull out  five dollars to match his. The stewardess just gives us a dirty look as the peanut hits a lady in the back of the head. We quickly duck down trying to play all innocent.

"I won!" I say pocketing the money.

"Hey Lani, you think you might want to meet up some time?" Tyler asks as he pulls his iPhone out. I give him my number.

"Definitely Tyler, just give me a call." I say smiling at him. The day definitely got brighter.

:) im thinking Vanessa hudgens to be dani. Shes real pretty and has this real innocent, playful look to her. What does everyone think? ( will we see Tyler again ;p vote, comment, tell me what you think, best way to keep me writing is commenting☆☆☆ and if you want me to read your story message me.

thanks

yourbookslut

Edited 7/14/17