1

The story in Newt's point of view. Enjoy!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Patient is conscious now, doctor."

Darkness, and then a light I can't tell from where blinds my eyes. I feel my head light, and I am cold and warm at the same time. My muscles are weirdly numb, and I can't feel the pains in my bones any more. It is kind of weird feeling rest when you have been in pain for so long. Maybe my battle is finally over. This is my new place now. Great. Living hasn't been great, anyways.

But- there is something weird. Not a sight, but a scent. Why does afterlife smell like hospitals?

The light blinds my eyes, and it takes my vision a while to clear enough to see some colors. I see so many vague faces covered in masks that make them look like cockroaches , and bodies dressed in suits like astronauts. An image of an astronaut flashes in my mind from when I was a child, from my old, locked box of memories. I think the image was in what was called a comic. I don't remember the words, names, events, or faces in that comic, but I remember the black and white drawings in it.

It is so bloody quiet until sounds slowly start seeping into my ears. I wish they didn't. I can feel my ears almost bleeding because of them. There is a fuzz, heavy breathing sounds from the masks, and loud electric equipment noise: loud in my terms, in the least.

"Eye pupils?"

"Responsive." 

"Blood pressure?"

"124/84. Constant."

"Heart rate?"

"Stable."

"Body temperature?"

"38.8C. Declining."

"Virus level?"

"Beyond danger level."

Where am I? Where am I? Where am I? The only answer that gets to my head is- oh no. Not again to those shuck faces. I can't return to WICKED and their bloody experiments again.

I rage, try to resist, pull out from my place, but my hands and legs are all chained to the bed. I moan in a bestial voice. My bones start burning again, and my muscles start tearing. I get the metallic taste of blood in my mouth. Something starts flaring up inside me. It makes me feel vulnerable but weirdly powerful at the same time. .

The grouches escape my throat again. I want to tear those leather strips, reach up to their masks, and tear up their shucking faces with my nails.

Not again.

Not Now

Not ever.

"Doctor, the virus level is increasing!"

"We need to return him. Hold him still."

Someone places something in my mouth like a napkin and pulls it to pin my head back. Someone else sits on my arm and legs, but I try to kick them off all.

"HOLD HIM STILL."

A person comes so close, holding a shot with a sharp needle that shines in my vague view. I try to resist, to pull away from them. I scream again. My voice turns out weak with that bloody thing in my mouth. I try to pull away more. The person is so close with the shot she holds. As she closes, I feel something ceasing me.

"Don't worry, love. This is only going to hurt a little."

Moments later, I feel something burning running through my veins. I twitch from the pain. My cry turns weaker. Weaker. Weaker. And then I feel nothing. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! I hope you have liked this chapter. If you do, please, consider voting, and don't be shy to leave your feedback! You can suggest any ideas or ask any questions, and I shall respond to them all. Anyways, the question is: where do you think Newt is now?? Thank you for reading so far <3 <3

GM