5

"Are you alright?" the person, a she, asks me.

"Yes, I am," I answer as I let myself go off her grasp.

"Can't you sleep?" she asks again in a soft voice.

"I have just woken up," I answer firmly. "What is this place? Who are you?"

"Newt, I understand that it is hard for you to take this all. We shall explain everything in the morning."

"I don't want morning. I want now!" I hiss. She smiles a sad smile, and I notice a tear swimming in her eye. She goes to sit on a leather sofa I haven't noticed before in the room. She then pats the place next to her as a sign for me to go and sit next to her. I resist at the beginning, but then I do.

I look at her in the dim light. She doesn't look very young, yet she doesn't seem very old. Her skin is soft, and her touch is warm. She has a  straight, blond hair that reaches her shoulders. Her eyes have a warm hazel color similar to the girl who was here a while ago. The woman looks into my eyes, studying my face like a map. I see her fingers twitching as she clasps them in her lap. She stays quiet with pressed lips for a while, but then she asks, "Are you hungry?"

"I just want to know where the bloody hell I am and where are my friends."

The woman shakes her head and presses her lips. "You're somewhere safe. I have told you that you shall get a full explanation in the morning."

"And my friends?"

"N-Newt, isn't it? What would you like me to get for you? I would have offered coffee, but I don't think caffeine is good for your case. Would you like some warm milk with honey? To help you rest? Or hot chocolate, maybe? It is so bloody cold here. Would you like some anise tea if you feel you're too old for this stuff?"

"Where. Are. My. Friends?"

She takes a deep breath, and then she places her hand on my shoulder and leans her head close. "Newt, kid, I promise that I will tell you all that you want to know in the morning. Your brain is still tired now. You have to rest your thinking. We have gone through bloody hell to get you to this state here. Everything is good in its own time. You have to worry about nothing. Don't worry, kid."

I look into her eyes. I know she won't give me answers, so I stop asking. She takes her hand off my shoulder and senses my face and temples. "Ah! Finally. A normal human temperature that isn't higher than the surface of the sun."She then adds with a little chuckle," I knew you would do it. I ain't surprised." 

I draw myself off her. She then draws her hand back to her lap.

We stay quiet for a long while. So many questions are in my head that I lose count and feel like my head is empty. After a while, she breaks the silence and says, "I am sorry about Lennie. It's just that sometimes it gets a little too much for her."

I turn. I remember her calling that girl who was here when I woke up Lennie. "What is the matter with her?" I ask the woman as I turn towards her. I feel the urge to know more about this little girl. Why was she crying? Why did she seem so excited for meeting me? What did she mean by that she was waiting for me? What did she mean by I wanting to destroy it all when I told her that I need to run?

The woman sighs and smiles as she looks in her distance. "It is not so easy when you don't exist for the closest to you. It's a long story." She then turns to me and cups my face in her hand. "N-Newt, dear, you should know that you mean a lot for all of us here and... her especially. Newt, you mean more than the whole world for many people, not because you were a piece of science experiment, but because we love you."

She then rises from her place. "It is a late hour already, kid. You need to rest your brain. If you don't feel like sleeping on the bed, you can sleep here on the sofa. Good night!"

And then, she leaves. 
---------------------------------------------------------
Hi! I hope you have enjoyed this. Am sorry it was bit long. What do you think? And, btw, hot chocolate is for all ages 😒
GM.