21

"Four, Newt will be in the search troop with you," Neal states while introducing me to a man dressed in black shields. He looks friendly, but the type that wouldn't hesitate killing you if you mess up with him. He has a quite strong grasp too that almost takes off my arm.

"Newt, Four is the headguard and the commander of the search troop. You better be a good lad. Alright?"

"He's in safe hands, Johns," Four smirks. His voice is heavy and deep.

"Yeah. I know. Just Sorcha will kill us if anything happens to him. You go to your business now; I've got mine too."

Neal then leaves me in the planning room with a badge of armored people. Guns, shotguns, and launchers are hanged on the wall, and on the side is a series of hangers with the uniforms. Everyone is dressed in black. Apparently, this is the main thing about their uniform.

So, I have tried being a mechanic and now will be trying a guard. Guess who the bloody greenie is now?!

Four shows on a big table the map of the WICKED compound. I've never thought that shucking place is all that large. He divides us into squads, and then divides the tasks. I get to be with Four and a girl almost my age named Tris in searching the crank pits. My squad looks good, and I feel confident despite the mission itself. After things are settled, I go to change into their uniform. Suddenly then, the Berg's engines turn loud for landing, and alarms blare to mark the necessity to go back to our seats. I quickly finish changing into their black jumpsuit, wear my boots, and then go out.

Everyone is in their place with their belts tied. I find my place next to Tris. The Berg sways and trembles as it goes down. Alarms continue blaring and red lights fill the view. The engines' sound turns loud again, and my ears get muffed and almost bleed. The pain in my head sharpens that it drives me out of my mind. I just close my eyes and try to calm down.

"Newt, you're alright?" Tris asks me.

"Y-yes. I am. Thank you."

1... 2... 3... 4... this will be done now. This will be done now. This will be done now.

The Berg finally hits the ground. Everything in the room shakes. Finally, it ceases. The red lights stop, and the place returns quiet before it gets filled again with the sound of opening belts. Four is the first to stand. He pulls his masks down his face, and so does everyone in the room. Surprisingly, even Tris. "Isn't this just for the Flare? Aren't you immune?" I ask her.

"To the Flare, yes. To smoke and air that's likely contaminated with biohazardous fumes? No," she answers from behind her mask. Four then comes and hands me mine. "You better listen to her," he says. "See, Newt. Here, we have one rule: be dauntless, but not headless. You got it?"

I nod. Everyone then stands and we head out. We go to the main hall where everyone is dressed in uniforms in preparation to go out. I miss Lennie until I find her with her mom near the door of the cabin telling her goodbye and closing the door. Well enough. It's better for her not be in all this bloody mess.

Suddenly then, the Berg's door opens, and soon the vast room becomes foggy with the heavy smoke from out. I feel thankful for wearing that mask, but not help feeling a bit dizzy. Cold air fills the place too, and I feel a tinge of shiver. Four's voice then breaks to our badge.

"As I said. Group A: west wing. Group B: east wing. Group C: the woods. Group D: with Neal. My group: crank pits. Remember, leave no stone unturned. Anything can be a clue. Off to your work now!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Divergent and TMR crossover; who thought of that?! Tell me if you've liked the idea, and if you like this chapter, please consider giving it a vote! How do you think Four, Newt, and Tris will go on together? And what do you think they will find??

Thanks for reading so far!!

GM.