London Bridge is Falling Down

The dull hum of passing cars and the chater of people drunken pub folk filled the air. Two shoes scuffed along the pavement in a stumbling pattern before becoming stable.

Headphone wire hanging low before pulling taught as the listener put the buds back into his ears and ran his hands through his hay coloured hair.

Giving a huff and the faint mumble of song lyrics, the teen stroll along the dampened streets of London.

His eyes were dull from the events this past week. Those eyes have seen better days of when he was young and in love.
Funny how one day you feel loved and the next you're at the bottom of a bottle and half a pack of cigarettes the next day.

The pace turned slower as his mind raced. He was out of a job, his asshat of a boyfriend kicked him out, and his family is a bunch of drunk fools and beaters. He kicked a rubbish bin and kept walking.

He used to think so highly of himself. Before the percings and the tattoo on his ass. Back when he had a full education and a scholarship. He used to be king.

Long live the king.

He scoffed to himself. He was tired of saying he could make it through this and then have nothing to show for. The reality was, he was screwed over in more ways than one. He only knew one way out and that was to eat lead or in this case inhale water.

His pace soon turned to a stop and he stared at the bridge up ahead. He could see it all from where he stood. Tonight, was the night he would learn to fly or die.

He continued to walk once more. His feet barely making a sound. Eyes looking about he soon climbed up the side of the railing and swung his feet over.

Green eyes stared down at the unforgiving black of the ocean below. He sighed and turned his eyes to his hands. He knew this time wouldn't be a failed attempt, that this time it would be different. Forgotten.

A few tears slide from his eyes and he gave a ragged sigh.

"Good bye. Good bye."
He murmured and closed his eyes. He waited before opening them again. Slowly he stood and stared down. His stomach sloshed back and forth like the waves below. Gulping he looked away. He couldn't chicken out now.

He turned away from facing the dark ocean below him. Eyes still closed while settling his stomach. His back facing out to the drop bellow he took a moment to feel completely relaxed.

The peace was disturbed by the sound of a screeching car and a shout.

"What are you doing!?" The voice grew closer.
The green eyes shot open and he stumbled slightly out of shock.

His eyes widened and his stomach dropped. He was half way over the edge and still falling.

A hand grasped his ankle, a pain grunt leaving him as the rushing panic shot through him.

"H-Hold on!" The man's voice boomed over the edge. The savour started to pull the other up.

"Don't- just let me fall!" The jumper cried out in pain. It wasn't long before he hit pavement, soon to be pulled into two strong arms of the accented man.

"I can not let that happen lapin." The Frenchman muttered and held onto the squirming Brit.

"J-just let go-" "Shhhh, shhh.."

The struggle soon faded and tears were shared.

"I hate you... so much you stupid frog.." The brit murmured out and stayed in the arms.

"I love you too, Arthur." The Frenchman smiled slightly and petted the others cheek.

"Come... how about.. you stay at my place..?" He asked softly and kept Arthur close.

"Okay.." He mumbled and started to pull away.

"Did... you take anything tonight?" He asked softly, making sure he wouldn't have a dead person in his house in the next few hours.

"No... just some rum.." Arthur sighed and started to rub his eyes. A feeling of pain washing over him.

"Francis.. you should have let me jump-" Francis cut him off with a small kiss.

"Non, I couldn't let such a sweet lapin drowned." He kissed both of the brit's blushing cheeks.

"That idiot didn't deserve you." He hummed and carefully scooped the brit up.

"Lets go.."

With those final words, Francis carried the brit off and our him into the car, he drove them home.