Valentine of Mine

As the day went on, meetings with members of the board, being blasted with work ans negative vibes, it grew hard to go on. The country known for love was left on his own to keep himself together. A happy man on the outside, but a broken one on the inside and the date didn't make it any better.

February 14th.

To think someone with this much love could be alone on a day like this, but sadly this is how life is, leaving those with so much to give with nothing to offer their love too.
Well, Francis was left with his meetings and everyday stress. It seemed many people had forgotten what love really was and what Saint Valentine did to get a day dedicated with his name.

A sigh left the tired man, the day didn't go quick enough for him, but the meetings were over now so he could go home and get some sleep.

"Francis, a word." Called one of the men he worked with many time.

"Oui?" He responded to only have another stack of files pushed at him. A frown meeting his lips as he took them.

"Few more files." They said and the disappeared.

Annoyed by this, Francis muttered his curses and headed for the elevator, it was like these people didn't know who he was anymore.
Huffing the man want on and pressed the button for the bottom floor, waiting as the soft yet repetitive tune in the elevator ticked on.  A loud ping sounded and the man left the lift and headed for the doors, keeping his head down. He didn't want anymore work than needed to be piled into his shoulders.

Once outside, Francis headed for his car, getting in quickly and pulling away from the bulding. Now it was time for the drive home, but this didn't bother Francis one bit; it gave him time to enjoy how wonderful Paris was, even in cold weather he still found it beautiful. Sighing softly he switched the radio off, growing tired of the French news, he wished he heard less of it some days.

A small smile slipped on his lips, "strange, to think I'd get tired of hearing about moi.." He mumbled softly to himself, only to sigh when he reached the residency.

He felt a pit of loneliness sink in his stomach before he got out of the vehicle. He remembered driving past some happy couples and it only made him feel less whole.
Maybe a cup of wine will help settle him, even if he was alone he still could treat himself.

As he headed up the stairs and went to unlock the front door, realizing it was already unlocked. Frowing he entered the home and glanced around. Everything looked normal in the home, so he pushed it off, he figured he forgot to lock it on the way out this morning.

He tossed his keys in the little dish in the kitchen, going straight to the wine rack, he looked over the bottled before frowning, finding that one of his good whines had went missing. He tried to place where it could have went before the sound of something being set down China's in behind him.

A bottle was now sitting on the marble counter, from that Francis looked up from the bottle and frowned, seeing he had an unwanted guest.
"What are you doing here." He glared a little seeing the person till their eyes.

"Please Francis, I'm here for something we both want." The shrood voice grumbled, arms crossing.

"Really Arthur? You're here for a cup of wine and a hour sleep?" He looked Arthur over, but he knew what the brit was trying to imply.

After all, it seemed that were both loners on such a day.

"Don't be daft." The brit huffed and cracked the bottle open, leaving Francis annoyed.
"Get the glasses," Arthur grumbled at him. "Unless you want to drink from the bottle." He eyed him.

"I'm not treating it like it's swill Arthur." Francis snapped a little and went to get the cups. He was happy to have Arthur breaking into his home and insulting good wine.

As soon as the glasses met the counter top, Arthur poured the red liquid, being a little more generous with the portions.

"If you drink too much.. I'm not doing anything with you." Francis glanced over, watching Arthur almost finish the glass much to his dislike.

"Well I'm not doing anything with you until I'm light headed." Arthur huffed and sat the glass down. He reached over, not giving Francis time to drink his glass before his hands were on him.

"Arthur, can't you be more romantic.." Francis shoved the greedy hands aside.
"Besides. I don't want you sobbing or pissed while were-"

A hand slapped over Francis mouth, Arthur had crossed over and was now standing beside Francis.
"Shut up," he huffed before pulling Francis close. Attemping to get Francis to kiss him already.

"Arthu-" the words were stolen by a rough kiss, growing annoyed Francis pushed at the kiss, attempting to remind Arthur who's house he was in.
The two fought over the kiss before breaking apart in a frustrated tension.

"Damn it Arthur-" Francis grumbled and rubbed his jaw.
"You're a spoiled, greedy, rosbif!" He spat and glared at the now seething brit.

"Idiot frog! Why'd you do that!" He also was left rubbing his jawline at the aggression in the shared kiss.

"Well- you started it!"

So the bickering continued until another bottle was consumed by the time the two had stopped fighting. It seemed things were about to get a little hot, but both didn't have the energy to go on.

"I hate you.."

"Love you to rosbif.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy v-day! For those who celebrate it.
Sorry this is short and kinda crappy, but I didn't feel like writting a smutty ending so I cut it short. Thank you for reading and lots of love to you guys!