Colors

"Red. The word could be used for so many things.

Wine, roses, a box of chocolates shared between two lovers.

The night I screamed at you at the top of my lungs. My face turning red.

But. I chose to see the time I truly loved you.

The love that was the color red. The color of caring and heart.

But now... Red was nothing more than emergency lights flashing with blue.

Blue.

A lonely color. Something that one could see equal to sadness.
And I felt that sadness after I finished screaming.

But no, blue was never lonely. It was your eyes. Those dazling blue eyes. They always held love.

Love was red, but to me it was blue. Blue, lonely, love.

We were always lonely. The days we parted after slipping away from our work as nations.

Those small moments, short lived after my fit.
I never meant to yell or hurt those beatiful blue eyes. Loving blue, now met with the loneliness that I caused and the tears.

The tears. Another thing people would consider blue, but in reality, it was clear.

It was clear that I messed up. Clear I hurt you. My words then, mean nothing now. As I lay her.

Because. My love is blue, but you.

You make it red with passion, as the sheets were.

Thank you, for loving me. Even when I couldn't learn to live myself.

As I lay here, staring at what's left of this hospital tent. Wondering how the war was going. How you were fairing.

Now I wonder: do you still love me?

No, you couldn't. Not after the hateful things I've said. The wars we fought against one another. The pain we cause. The family we broke.

If I fall. Like you. What would I become? The bombs have already made me numb to what surrounds me. But some how, this pen is still moving, as I write this from my cott.

As I grow more withered and broken, I think of you. That day we first met. That time you brought me treats. The times when we didn't murder or try to bludgeon one another with a stick or sword. Even now, we're alliess, ex lovers now thnks to this shit hole of a war.

I thought the other two wars were bad. I suppose it's better than what happened to Japan when the Americans dropped those bombs. At least everyone avoided nuking everything.

But I know it won't be long before we're all dead.

I can feel another wave of sickness. Why am I so weak now? I was once the largest empire- and now. I'm nothing. I left the EU to make things better for my people, my brother left my side and joined that failing organization. They've killed me.

It seems I grew off track from what I was meaning to write. But I suppose it's best to get things off my broken chest.

What I ment to write about was us. And how much I love you.

Dear Francis. May I see you on the other side of the war. If I don't die, if you don't die. But if one of us dies.. the other would soon fall.

As some would say: "France with out England, wouldn't be France as England wouldn't be England with out France."

At least now I can die with this off my chest. Because I still love you.

Je t'aime Francis."