Playground Sweetheart

It was a day like any other. Classes were small and the kids were loud like normal, excited that the year was almost over with summer almost around the corner.

A small boy was sitting on a swing, the farthest from the other kids.
He lightly swayed back and forth, his green eyes staring at the ground. He was waiting for the older class to join his for resses, the older class would have five minutes less than the younger kids. It was a way to teach them that they didn't need playground time.

He sighed and kicked his legs back and forth, he couldn't get the swing to move any higher. Probably for the best.

A bell rang out and soon the sound of older kids mixed with the younger. The older kids acted tougher than the younger, showing off and picking on others. This was normal and Arthur knew it. He waited for his bullies to come over and torment him.

"Hey! Eyebrows!" Called one of the normal bullies. His west colour hair bouncing as he ran over. Today seem oddly diffremt, it seemed like Alfred was acting more friendly then normal.
He didn't let his guard down, he knew everyone could make it seem like they were innocent and who better than Alfred F. Jones.

"H-hey.." He mumbled and tensed up when the kid took the swing next to him.

Alfred actually wasn't much older than Arthur. The only reason Arthur was in a lower grade was because he didn't start school the same time as Alfred, along with his transfer to America; the whole system just ruined his normal schooling system. Now he was learning what he already knew.

Alfred stayed quiet and just swinger back in forth. This was new for Arthur, he didn't understand.

"Alfred?" He asked and the boy looked up with those baby blues.

"Hmm? What eyebrows?" Alfred asked and tilted his head some. He smeed like a pupoy when he did that.

"Not beating me up today?" The British boy asked a bit surprised.
Alfred nodded his head and hopped off the swing.

"Francis told me to leave you alone and that if I kept picking on you he'd shove snails down my throat." The boy cringed and rubbed the back of his head.

"He told me to stop being the bad guy and be a hero for once." He added in with a laugh.

"So I'm going to be the best hero! And to start, I'm sorry for being mean to you."

Arthur sat there a bit shocked.
"O-okay... and you've been forgiven.." He mumbled out shyly.

"Awesome! See you around eyebrows!"
Alfred shouted and took off to meet up with Ivan, he had to show his American supremacy.

Arthur stayed on the swing it still swaying slowly. He had a smile for once. His eyes darting about the playground, he wondered where Francis was at.

Francis was one of his antagonizers. Always poking fun at his clothing or how he spoke. And like everyone else, he made fun of his caterpillars for eyebrows.
Lately he had noticed a change in the French boys attacks, sometimes he straight up avoided him or just scoff in his direction.

He slipped off the swing and walked around the mulch covered ground in search of the French boy. He wanted to know why. Maybe he had a chance of heart? Never know, kids can be quite contradictive.

"Bonjour Arthor." The voice came from behind the smaller.
Arthur jumped some and turned around, he gave a slight smile when he noticed the French boy.

"Hullo Francis." He squeaked some and backed away. He had a small crush on the older child, but never would bring himself to admit it in person.

The blond boy merely nodded before tossing a paper rose at the younger.

"Here. I made zis for you." A small part of his accent came out and he turned away from the blushing adolescent.

"Uhm- thank you-!" He called out to the disappearing French boy.

~~~~                                           ~~~~

The next day, Arthur sat in his swing. His feet barley touching the ground as he tired to get the swing moving. With a huff of defeat, he just sat there on the swing.

The bellsoon rang out and the older kids burst out into the field. Arthur watched the kids play and goof off. A few were being rather rude to a few of the younger kids. It was normal.

With a sigh the little blond boy watched. His green eyes bored and tired. He didn't get much sleep last night. His father and oldest brother had been fighting all night. He didn't know why, but he knew his name was mentioned multiple times.

"Hey! Arthur!" Called the newly named hero of Eastern Elementary.

He looked up with a sigh and raised a thick brow.

"Yes?" Arthur asked, he still didn't trust this Alfred and his whole hero act.

"Francis told me to talk you... uhhh...." the American bit pondered for a long time, looking dumb foundly at Arthur, who was growing annoyed.

"Go on." He grumbled out.

"Oh! I remember dude, he told me to telk you that he likes you!" Alfred stated and puffed out his chest.

"Your hero has delivered the message! Hero out-" and with that the overly enerject boy bolted off, leaving the brit blushing slightly and rather confused.

"Oh.." He said quietly then slipped out of his swing and walked around the playground.

Alfred bounced up to Francis grinning.

"Hey Franny, rember when yyou tood me not to tell eyebrows that you like him?" He asked and Francis frowned his brows in questioning.

"Oui, why are you bringing zis up?" He asked only to glare when Alfred started laughing.
A horrified gasp left Francis.

"You didn't! Did you?" The French boy asked.

"You hero saved the day! You should hav seen the lion in his face-"

"Alfred! You idiot!" Francis suddenly cried out and went to wack the American boy, who screamed slightly and darted out of the secret base tunnle.

"Get back here you stupid American!" Francis chased after the so called hero.

The two ran around the playground, shouting and threatening. It wasn't long before Francis crashed into another student.
Weezing the smaller boy pushed Francis off of him and coughed.

"Watch it- twit." The familer child huffed and dusted himself off.
Francis stood up quickly.

"Non! You wat- Arthur?" He stopped his soon to be rent and looked at the smaller boy with an akward smile.

"Oh- pardon... and yes, hi Francis." Arthur mumbled out with pink cheeks.

"Sorry about that... I was chasing Alfred." The French boy gave a laugh and Arthur joined in, saying; "What a hero he is." As a joke, causing more laughter.

The two started chatting for a bit, before a fight broke out between them, leaving a huffing brit and a shinning French boy.

Francis held his cheek, then huffed.

"Shot and angry.. but some what cute." He gave a half smile and went off to continue pestering Arthur. He did this for many days, giving him paper roses, attention, a few candies he won from the teacher, and drawings.
Arthur had happily accepted the gifts after the embarrassment was over and he calmed down. The two contuied to grow close over making flower crows and chasing a rabbit or two in the field outside of the playground.

Days, months, years, the two shared some great memories.